Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I want to believe, but I need more evidence than what was shown. Some things don't add up. Is there a huge shark out there? Sure. Is it Megladon? Can't say until there is more evidence.

My thinking is the same on this one. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a humongous shark out there but megaladon? We need more evidence. no huge shark teeth have been found either. You would think they would find them. It would be scary but very cool if true. Heck, even seeing the actual 30 ft submarine huge arse shark up close would be cool.

Last edited:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I love shark week and keep watching it on both discovery and nat geo wild, but after reading the article and seeing the notification that the episode was about the legend ...ugh.. I even out all Their possible photo n video evidence. Or was that real?
We are going shark seeing next summer in the cape.(cape cod) So excited! You can see various sharks from the boat or hop in and out I the cat all day. They take up to 6 ppl out but we can charter the boat for just the 3 of us n we like that idea better.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yeah I have read all of the articles about the major dramatization they did for the show. There have been sightings over the years about huge sharks out there and some of the footage they did show was real. Just not a whole lot of it which is what has so many people pissed off.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah I have read all of the articles about the major dramatization they did for the show. There have been sightings over the years about huge sharks out there and some of the footage they did show was real. Just not a whole lot of it which is what has so many people pissed off.

Have you ever been to Sea World in San Diego? They have an original jaw that held up to 6 human men standing straight up. It's a fossil but it's....................................................real.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Have you ever been to Sea World in San Diego? They have an original jaw that held up to 6 human men standing straight up. It's a fossil but it's....................................................real.
No but I have seen the pictures. Most Megalodon jaws that exist are replicas as in research that I have done a full entact one has never been discovered but I could be wrong.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No but I have seen the pictures. Most Megalodon jaws that exist are replicas as in research that I have done a full entact one has never been discovered but I could be wrong.

I think they bastardized the real scientific name of the Super huge Shark that existed right before the Great White came along. It isn't Megladon your right. I've caught sharks from Alaska down to Cabo and all points in between and have been in little whalers next to pods of Orcas and to think that there is something the size of a city bus out there has always fascinated me. Just don't want to be eaten by one!!!!

I get bit enough by Buster.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
So true. We have our own little Megalodon jr's running around. :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I've been trying to catch up episodes on demand. Episode 2 is the jaws one - is about where we are moving to. Cape cod is my ultimate fav place. So much meaning there for me as ive spent years and years vacationing there w my dad and mom. My son was conceived there so it is even more special...that was an interesting conversation w my folks..lol

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
So..as you know I'm catching up w shark week on demand. I watch it every year and have noticed over the years they have been in a sensationalistic direction. I really was hoping they would have more documentary episodes on sharks, you know, learning about them etc..but it seems the majority of this year is geared toward sensationalism...or is it just me? A few episodes were very enjoyable tho.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So..as you know I'm catching up w shark week on demand. I watch it every year and have noticed over the years they have been in a sensationalistic direction. I really was hoping they would have more documentary episodes on sharks, you know, learning about them etc..but it seems the majority of this year is geared toward sensationalism...or is it just me? A few episodes were very enjoyable tho.

I agree... I was really disappointed this year!!! I also thought it was a LOT of reruns... such a bummer :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well after that Megladon episode... why did they start up w/that?!! I don't mind the shark bite stories, but I'm like you... I would like to see more learning & history episodes, or at least latest news stories. It's getting pretty lame...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.