ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That is really beautiful... I have tried knitting several times, but besides doing a few scarves that was about it. I'm definitely NOT at your level... LOL

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have a book/starter kit for both knitting and crocheting. Neither have been looked at. I have a friend who crochets awesome. She is the one who created a pattern for crocheted hats for my bulldogs. In the avatar photo....This was her first attempt at the sock monkey hat for a bulldog. After playing around with it...she finally figured out a pattern that does not include ears...just the ear holes. During this whole time...my books still have not been opened. I really think it would be something I could enjoy. I think I enjoy letting her do it instead.....

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
That is really nice Chris, did it take you long. I love knitting but could not pick up how to do the necklines and my mum would do that for me and since she has been gone I have not knitted maybe I should try to teach myself to do the necks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It took about 3 months, but I'd get frustrated when I made a mistake and have to go back a few rows to correct it. Then it would sit for about a week before I'd pick it up again. This entire piece is done on a circular needle--no worry about a neckline! The best part of this is that it's so cold in my office and this is the perfect weight!

Last edited:
OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have a book/starter kit for both knitting and crocheting. Neither have been looked at. I have a friend who crochets awesome. She is the one who created a pattern for crocheted hats for my bulldogs. In the avatar photo....This was her first attempt at the sock monkey hat for a bulldog. After playing around with it...she finally figured out a pattern that does not include ears...just the ear holes. During this whole time...my books still have not been opened. I really think it would be something I could enjoy. I think I enjoy letting her do it instead.....
I love the sock monkey hat!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That's really pretty Chris. A gal at work has those professional knitting machines in her basement and she and her mom are always making the neatest scrafs and shawls. I'm a self taught crocheter but haven't done anything in about 3 years. I can make an awesome winter hate though and have made a few beautiful big afghans. I picked it up when I quit smoking - needed something that totally took my attention and mind. It worked. Can't wait to see what else you make. :up:

:secret: I see a knitted winter scraft in my near future......:D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
very nice..... I like the color too

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I started Mabel's sweater yesterday in a pretty dusty rose. I am keeping this one simple to figure out how the pattern works. If it's as simple as it appears to be, I will let you know. Who knows? Maybe I will take orders! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.