ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I fooled around with ruffled scarves last winter. In May I decided to tackle something a little more difficult. I finished on Monday! image.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Very cool. My wife is learning how to knit and made me a nice throw blanket.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:D

Ohhhh hw cool! I so want to knit. My grandma taught me when I had the chickenpox! I don't remember anything..and would love to take a class with my granddaughter! But everyone wants her to be 14! I mean..really? Like she will want to knit with her Grammie then?? :)

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:D

Ohhhh hw cool! I so want to knit. My grandma taught me when I had the chickenpox! I don't remember anything..and would love to take a class with my granddaughter! But everyone wants her to be 14! I mean..really? Like she will want to knit with her Grammie then?? :)

I learned when I was very, very young. You can take the class and teach her what you learn. She'll pick it up fast!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My mom taught me how to knit when I was about 12. She also tried to teach me how to crochet at about that same time. I picked up knitting fine, but couldn't even crochet a straight chain. She tried again several times during my teens and I still just couldn't "get it". Then when I was about 25 I was trying to knit an afghan for a friend for a wedding gift. At that time in my life I was a single mother to a 2 year old and had a full time job working 12 hour swing shifts. It was taking me so long to knit the afghan that it was going to be a 20th anniversary gift before I got it done. So I asked mom to try to teach me to crochet again. I must have been ready to learn finally because by that evening I was making an afghan and had it completed in about a week.
I haven't tried to knit anything since. But have made a lot of crochet afghans and doilies. At any rate, I can really appreciate all the time and work you put into that. It's beautiful!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks everyone! Your story is similar to mine, [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]. I have never been able to crochet. Maybe I should try again!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Pretty! Love the color!

Having a baby soon makes me really wish I knew how to knit stuff...I'll learn someday!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love it, great job!! I wish I knew how. I remember my mom teaching me but I never stuck with it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Very nice, I can't sew a button on, much less knit or crochet. Love the color.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is really nice Chris, did it take you long. I love knitting but could not pick up how to do the necklines and my mum would do that for me and since she has been gone I have not knitted maybe I should try to teach myself to do the necks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Wow-its beautiful- you got a great talent here i always wanted to learn how to knit-my mum tried few times -but i just cant get a hang of it

Members online

No members online now.