Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tough next few days

Oh I am so sorry that he has to face this disappointment. I remember my son going off to the Navy - it was the biggest day of his life- he was so excited- so I can't imagine your son's devistation at this news. The fact that he was willing to serve, gives testament to the kind of person he is - a great young man who will no doubt succeed as a paramedic and move forward to do great things. Tell him thankyou from me. As far as I am concerned, he is still going to serve, with the career he has chosen. Best wishes to him. He will get past this-but it may take a little time.
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Im so sorry to hear that ;-( but even tho your son cannot serve his country he still can save lives (it was my dream to join the army but sadly i cant as just as your son im thinking about paramedic course-not only it will give him something to focus on (even tho he cant do what he loce) but also he can save lives ,do a lot of good for the community
    Keep strong x
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I agree with everyone's comments, EMT is a great and honourable profession, and one to be proud of. It does suck when we have to watch our kids hurt, when they hurt, we hurt. We as parents just want them to be happy. I'm sorry his dreams of the Navy didn't work out, but because of his applying, he found an undiagnosed medical condition, that he can now get treated. He may not be able to pursue his first dream or love, but he can still pursue his second career choice and he seems to like being a volunteer EMT. They say things happen for a reason, and I'm sure everything will work out for him. Most important of all is his health. I wish your son all the best in his future endeavours, I'm sure he'll be a great paramedic. Sending hugs, love and prayers your way that everything works out. Keep us posted on how he's doing. Love to hear about the skin kids too.
    ​My thoughts too...Todd, I will keep your son in prayer...it hurts us badly when they hurt. GOD bless all.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So,sorry for your son, Todd. It is admirable that he wants to serve when so many young people don't understand that concept. That attitude will make him a wonderful EMT. I have to warn you that I have many EMTs in our nursing program. His aspirations may lead to many different avenues once he becomes an EMT!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    So,sorry for your son, Todd. It is admirable that he wants to serve when so many young people don't understand that concept. That attitude will make him a wonderful EMT. I have to warn you that I have many EMTs in our nursing program. His aspirations may lead to many different avenues once he becomes an EMT!
    He is aware of that and already said something about getting in to nursing or something. Which is fine with us as well.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads