Anyone have any luck with the E-Cigg.??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
..OK I will admit it, I am a smoker, I looooove to smoke!!!! I have smoked for over 30 years. For breakfast I have a cup of coffee and a cigg. For the first time in my life (besides when I was pregnant) I think I want to quit. I am also Asthmatic, so imagine this, I use my inhaler when I am tight so that I can smoke, how pathetic is that??

Tonight I went to the tobacco store to buy a pack of ciggs and talked to them a long time about the Electronic cigg. I ended up buying one. I am really going to try to at least cut down with this thing

Question. Has anyone tried one and what was your results?????

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I've never tried it, I quit about 9 years ago..cold turkey n was lucky. What I can offer you is this: remember, your body has developed a need for the nicotine. It can take up to 72 hours initially for the physical urge to smoke to begin to dissipate ...peaking at about 48 hours. Then the struggle is mental. Try to identify your triggers..what makes you want o smoke (aside from the physical part) The emotions from smoking, the hand gestures, oral etc. keep a journal daily if you can about how you feel, urges etc so you know what is going on w you. Most quitters end up going back in 3 months ..mark that on your calendar so you have good support when those triggers you have pop back up, or new ones decide to show their ugly heads. Change up your routines.,if you are used o smoking in your blue chair in the living room, move it to a different spot, have your breakfast in a different spot etc...sometimes ppl have had to rearrange everything to combat triggers. You can do it if you try...I have faith in you. We can do anything if we really try and have support! Also...a physical urge actually lasts 7-10 minutes..physically..it's the mental part that kicks in n makes it seem like hours. You can talk yourself n rough an urge as well as talk to someone else about it to help! :)

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I don't think they had e cigarettes back when I quit about 15 years ago. When I finally set my mind to quitting, I used the nicotine gum. I never needed as much as they said I could use and quit using it much sooner than they had in the "plan" Not that I didn't ever crave smoking anymore, but I could at least handle it. But it has to be the right time for you and you have to be committed to really wanting to quit too.

After a point it was easy to remind myself how much better I feel because I too am asthmatic although that is much less of a problem smoke free.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Kelly,

Don't have experience w/the E-cigs personally but I've heard that Vapage E-cigarettes are very good (vs. the "cheaper" kinds you can get at 7-11, for instance).

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have several friends that have either used them or are using them now. I have not personally tried one but am seriously considering it. The main thins all of them have told me is to be sure you get a good one that you can adjust the settings and levels on to slowly bring the nicotine levels down. I have one friend that his vapor cig is all he uses anymore and another who has gone from 3 packs a day down to half a pack in a month and is planning on dropping the real smokes on the 1st and them the vapor cig on the 1st of September.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I tried a few things before I was successful quitting, I think the toughest was 'The Patch' do you have ANY idea how hard it is to light those things??????? :w00t: The final straw for me, I was 'rolling my own' to keep from going broke smoking, and then the government decided 'Well people are rolling their own to save money, since we dont tax loose tobacco much... so we'll increase the tax from like .50 a lb to 20.00 a lb. ! ! ! ! WTF ! ! Oh an guess what they DIDNT increase the tax of...yup you got it Cigars ! (they wont tax what they themselves smoke)

That is when I quit, but now I notice the loose tobacco is called 'Pipe tobacco' (even though its not for pipes) I guess another way to get around the taxes !

I think its been... 4 years now.... I'm not really sure :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
YAY KELLY!!!!!! We are all behind you hon!!!
I quit a few years ago when the economy collapsed and I lost my job.... needed to find a quick way to save a lot of money so after about 50 years of smoking I got the patch (which I didnt need) and quit on the spot. :love:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No luck. Worked out for my boss. They are making it illegal in LA to use e-ciggs indoors to just like regular smoking. You can be prosecuted for smoking within 20 feet of a window or door here. We're such outcast. At least our Bullys love us.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
..OK I will admit it, I am a smoker, I looooove to smoke!!!! I have smoked for over 30 years. For breakfast I have a cup of coffee and a cigg. For the first time in my life (besides when I was pregnant) I think I want to quit. I am also Asthmatic, so imagine this, I use my inhaler when I am tight so that I can smoke, how pathetic is that??

Tonight I went to the tobacco store to buy a pack of ciggs and talked to them a long time about the Electronic cigg. I ended up buying one. I am really going to try to at least cut down with this thing

Question. Has anyone tried one and what was your results?????

My little Espresso shop gal has started using one in order to quit and she's having wonderful results. I've heard mixed reviews from others. My one neighbor ("Uncle Fester") said simply, "It not the same.", while puffing on his Marlboro light. Other neighbors just started using them and the jury is still out. My dear friend Barbara is coming up to visit from Walnut Creek, CA in August and I plan on getting one for her and one for me, to try while she's here. She's had a heart attack and I've been diagnosed with emphysema. We are POSTER GIRLS for people who really need to quit smoking. We really do love our cigarettes though! She and I have tried to quit together before.....

Godspeed to you. I could open a bully rescue with the money I spend on cigarettes. LOL

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My little Espresso shop gal has started using one in order to quit and she's having wonderful results. I've heard mixed reviews from others. My one neighbor ("Uncle Fester") said simply, "It not the same.", while puffing on his Marlboro light. Other neighbors just started using them and the jury is still out. My dear friend Barbara is coming up to visit from Walnut Creek, CA in August and I plan on getting one for her and one for me, to try while she's here. She's had a heart attack and I've been diagnosed with emphysema. We are POSTER GIRLS for people who really need to quit smoking. We really do love our cigarettes though! She and I have tried to quit together before.....

Godspeed to you. I could open a bully rescue with the money I spend on cigarettes. LOL

Well so far I have used it quite a bit over the last couple of days, along with still smoking, but I have def. cut down some. What I notice is I am coughing my lungs up a little bit more by using this. The $$$ is ridiculous on what I spend on ciggs!! Almost $14.00 a day 7 days a week. :crazy: I smoke over a pack a day so I always have to buy two.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
My friend uses a combination of the Volcano brand and the Blu brand (Blu has better batteries). She started using them and quit entirely, except for the ecigg and she has been using them for about two years. Good luck to you!!!

pikacho240

Sep 3, 2013
Southern CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Bangoo
Ive been using an e-cig on and off for the past 3 yrs or so. So far, smoke free for the past 11 mos. Ecigs have really come a long way in terms of technology and have vastly improved these past couple yrs. I started off on the volcano and blu brand, but i found it to be more cumbersome and annoying every time I had to replace the filters. I've been using the provari ever since, and its been great and I havent actually smoked a real cigarette in 11 mos.

If you'd like to know more, PM me, and ill be more than happy to help you.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
The one I like best is the njoy king. Smaller size, softer material, so it feels more like a real cig. The best part is that it pulls like a real cig which in my opinion is the big drawback to the e ciggs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I've had my Ecig since last November and haven't smoked a real cigarette since February.. The one in this pic is the Volcano Lava Tube.. I Started with a smaller one but this one is adjustable and I love it!! I'm starting to notice that I don't need it as much, but it definitely comes in handy when we have bbq's and drink or when I go out with the ladies.. Sorry don't mind the cigars on the side that would be my BF and brother celebrating the arrival of my Nephew/God Son.. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378343959135.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378343959135.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 115

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I used one as an instant replacement. Didnt buy any more real.ciggarettes and bought one of the cheap electronic ones instead. It actually worked. I needed it less and less but still liked to have it available. I did notice that you have to find a flavor that you like bc I didnt like some if the brands menthol taste. I did end up going back to the real thing though. I am thinking about quitting again soon bc I am kicking out a roommate whose portion of the rent is pretty much how much I spend on ciggarettes. I noticed during the time that I quit how much extra money I had! In addition to thr extras you buy when running in for smokes like pop, chips, candy bar, lighters, etc. Oh yeah, and its healthier too ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online