What's the best vacuum for Bully hair?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What kind of vacuum do you use for all of the shedding?

We used to have a Dyson Animal that was wonderful for the $439 until the main drive popped a little over 2 years of having it and the repair costs was over $200. Not so easy on the pocketbook for the proper amount of SUCTION.:eek: So we got a Bissel and although I have to clean the whole thing out every other week it works well.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have a bissel healthy home vacuum and love it! It has lasted for about 6 years now which is a record for me. Still works like band new too. When I bought it, I couldn't afford a dyson but didn't want a cheapy either. Searched thru reviews and found the bissel.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mine is a very old Hoover. It was state of the art in 1997 when I bought it lol!!! It always gets clogged with dog hair but I only have 3 rooms with carpeting so just don't have the heart to fork out for a new one. So I just unclog it each time I vacuum other than that it works awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a Dyson for over 8 years now... still works awesome

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a bissel healthy home vacuum and love it! It has lasted for about 6 years now which is a record for me. Still works like band new too. When I bought it, I couldn't afford a dyson but didn't want a cheapy either. Searched thru reviews and found the bissel.

6 years is awesome. That's what we have, $59 at Target. Buster attacked the hose one day and Maggie wrapped it up with duct tape so it looks like it like it came back from some war. I hope ours will last that long, Dyson's are ridiculously priced but if you have had one for 8 years that's awesome.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
6 years is awesome. That's what we have, $59 at Target. Buster attacked the hose one day and Maggie wrapped it up with duct tape so it looks like it like it came back from some war. I hope ours will last that long, Dyson's are ridiculously priced but if you have had one for 8 years that's awesome.
$59 at target?! Dang! Think back when I bought it, it was more like $250 :eek:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We use the Dyson Animal Pro. It seems to work well. We do have to clean the roller brush every few weeks tho to get by wrapped around hair off.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We too have a Dyson 'Animal' and it was about 350ish but that was 5-7 years ago. The wife did break the canister emptying it, but that was a quick replacement part. But we would swear by them !

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have a shark navigator lift away. had it for bout a year and it works well. only problem i have is sometimes the sweeper part doesnt want to spin and so all i have is suction but after a few minutes it starts working. i like it but would love to get a dyson.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I to have a dyson animal...have had it for just about 7yrs and LOVE IT. Knock on wood no problems. I hope it stays that way for a few more yrs bc our base house only has carpet in the living room and i couldnt justify another one for one room of carpet!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What kind of vacuum do you use for all of the shedding?

We used to have a Dyson Animal that was wonderful for the $439 until the main drive popped a little over 2 years of having it and the repair costs was over $200. Not so easy on the pocketbook for the proper amount of SUCTION.:eek: So we got a Bissel and although I have to clean the whole thing out every other week it works well.

Dang, I've had my Dyson Animal since 2004 and it's still going strong.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Still using our Dyson animal ball that we have had for about 5 years now. Still going strong sucking up cat and dog hair. Little easier now that we just got rid of all the carpet in the house except for the bedrooms.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have a Dyson and I use the turbo foot on the carpet, but my house is tiles except for the bedrooms and Ftse doesn't go in them too much

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have a Dyson, but I also got a Kenmore canister vac for the downstairs. Seems to do better on the hardwood floors w/the doggie hairs!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online