ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Most of you know that I just lost my bully on June 11th, but I didn't mention that also during that week I had surgery to remove a kidney stone. Anyone who is familiar w/stones can relate to that pure HELL!!!

Well last week I was bringing my nephew home to Atlanta... supposed to be a quick 2 day trip. Well my car made it to Atlanta, but it died after that. I had to get it towed, and now I'm stuck here till they fix it. It may need a new transmission (2008 Acadia). Thankfully my hubby is home w/the dogs. I had tickets to Cirque de Soleil that I missed... It just keeps getting worse ; (

Sorry I just had to vent... before I totally lose it when I call the dealership... LMAO!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Most of you know that I just lost my bully on June 11th, but I didn't mention that also during that week I had surgery to remove a kidney stone. Anyone who is familiar w/stones can relate to that pure HELL!!!

Well last week I was bringing my nephew home to Atlanta... supposed to be a quick 2 day trip. Well my car made it to Atlanta, but it died after that. I had to get it towed, and now I'm stuck here till they fix it. It may need a new transmission (2008 Acadia). Thankfully my hubby is home w/the dogs. I had tickets to Cirque de Soleil that I missed... It just keeps getting worse ; (

Sorry I just had to vent... before I totally lose it when I call the dealership... LMAO!!!

Ohhhh no! It just seems to come in waves. I'm so sorry..:hug: Just take a deep breath and keep your chin above the water!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Isn't the saying that bad luck comes in threes? If so, you are done now, chin up sweetie it will get better! :hug:

I had a similar month of may. 3 tragedies that I'm still trying to get over. It was tough for sure and they all seemed to snowball one after the other. I was starting to think I would lose my mind. I wanted to crawl into a corner, stay in bed, where I was safe and hidden from it all. How much can one person take all at once? It sure is a test of ones strength to get passed these. I hadn't cried that much in a whole year prior to that month. It was awful.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh that sucks. :( as if you haven't been thru enough right? Having had blown my transmission years ago I know that pain. Hoping it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount repairing. Vent away! That's what we r here for.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just got the damage report... $3700 transmission is shot! Our warranty ran out in April, so I had to call corporate to see if they would review my case. We do have the funds to cover it, but that still is a lot of money!!! My hubby leaves for Afghanistan the end of July, I would like to be able to spend his remaining weeks w/him not stuck here in Hotlanta ; (
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]
Thanks for letting me vent!!!
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]
I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles... I'm usually a pretty optimistic positive person, but these last few weeks have drained me. I feel like staying in bed all day too ; ( I hope that things start looking-up for both of us!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDA

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so sorry you have had such a rough time, and are going through all this crap. It's true what they say when it rains it pours. I've had times where everything seems to go wrong all at once, and everything seems overwhelming, but don't let it get you down. Things will get better, my thoughts are with you, hope things look up,for you soon, sending love hugs and prayers to you. Take care Hun

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You poor thing. I hope you will still be able to have some good, quality time w/your hubby before he leaves for Afghanistan. I have heard that passing a kidney stone is one of the MOST painful experiences ever!
Having to pay a huge amt. of $$ like that totally sucks and I hope the manufacturer will be able to cover at least a portion of the bill. Hang in there, my dear!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]
Thanks ladies... When it rains it DOES seem to monsoon!!! The stone is extremely painful, but luckily I was able to have mine removed ; ) On to the next drama... Lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
@Vikinggirl @cali baker
Thanks ladies... When it rains it DOES seem to monsoon!!! The stone is extremely painful, but luckily I was able to have mine removed ; ) On to the next drama... Lol

We will all just :pray: you are done with the Drama!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy hannah that is a crappy summer .... well, if you believe in bad luck/news comes in three's.... that is your three. Here is to better days ahead for you

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys... I'm hoping I can get home soon!!! I need a serious vacation... Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well my car won't be ready until late tomorrow... I'll be stuck in Atlanta till the 4th. Still haven't heard if GMC will pay for it... Ugh!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well my car won't be ready until late tomorrow... I'll be stuck in Atlanta till the 4th. Still haven't heard if GMC will pay for it... Ugh!!!

So sorry for these misfortunes, Tracey...you don't deserve them.

I had a stone too big to pass, everything backed up and I became septic.
Spent a week in ICU where they seemed sure I wasn't going to make it.
I was adamant that I was going to make it and did :) And so did you!!!

Hang tough with that dealership, I had the same situation with a car that
lost it's main brain just out of warranty. Dealership said, "Too bad" but I
just stayed on them, we were moving and I needed the car so I finally
agreed to pay 1/2 (about $2300) so we could move that next week.

Will be praying for you, hope you get home soon, safe journey & GOD bless!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]

Thanks... I'm hoping that GMC will at the least pay half. We have 3 vehicles, so they can't question our loyalty!

Gosh so sorry to hear about your stone! That is horrible... Mine was stuck in my bladder, worst pain ever! Are you on a strict diet?!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online