Thanksgiving Plans...

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
So what is everyones plans for Thanksgiving?

I think that I am going to cook even though the hubby will most likely have to work. I think that my two oldest daughters will come and then my two youngsters will of course be here..

I am going to make a turkey and then my yams that have become a hit with all the extras in them. (if you want to know just ask hey ya might like em lol)

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
It will more than likely be me ,the kids and my dad maybe my mom but idk yet. last year i made a roast i guess I was tired of turkey lol. No clue what i'm cooking this year:bust:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We havent had a Thanksgiving meal in a few years. we usually go camping and celebrate it with the family but without all the fuss. I do miss out on the tradition of it but it is nice to not have the stress too. I think I will premake turkey, potatoes and gravy (the really only important parts anyhow) and bring them to reheat while camping.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well i work my 12 hour shift thursday and when i get home my wonderful boyfriend wants steak so he'll have most of everything ready when i get home!!! we dont have girls this year so it'll just be us 2 and the boys it will be sooo nice i love our days when its just us

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ahhh I love Thanksgiving, can't wait! Well last year we spent the day with my family so this year we will be with Dave's family. We try to split holidays as evenly as possible. I love both of our families very much so it's always a good time :)

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
My family loves Thanksgiving that we celebrate the Canadian and American! We have a huge meal with about 20 people both days! Cant wait I love turkey dinner plus my mom does all the cooking!:whew:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I have to make the decision soon as to wether we will participate in my works annual "Thanksgiving at the Beach" Shindig. It's a good idea considerng that all you have to do is make a single dish and then enjoy a large spread, but then again, do I really want to spend Thanksgiving with my co-workers? I'm predicting that we will probably just opt to stay home though as my wife is pretty much a hermit... I gotta admit that having a large dinner with just my best friend sounds really good... OK I made my decision :)

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Chip will be coming home and we usually do a deep friend turkey and have many guests, but this year we think it will quiet and just us. So no deep fried turkey :(

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I have to work on Thanksgiving! :(
I have worked the past 6 Thanksgivings! Actually every holiday for the past 6 years! It is getting really old!
I am ready to start spending time on myself and taking time off from work. I already decided I was taking
Christmas and New Years off this season. It wouldn't be so bad working, but I take care of an Alzheimers patient for 12 hours a day,
5 days a week. It is an hour and a half drive to work, then another hour and a half to get back home. So, that's 15 hours a day right there.
I also own my own business, so when I get home, I work on it for about 4 hours, then it's bed time. Then 3 hours later, I have to get up and start all over!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
12 hours a day,
5 days a week. It is an hour and a half drive to work, then another hour and a half to get back home. So, that's 15 hours a day right there.

i do the same thing even though i only work 4 days a week "i dont take care of one person i take care of the whole dam county"!!!! i know how bad alzheimers patients are i lived with my grandmother for a summer till my dad found a good "home" to put her in....

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
We usually have it here, but my brother volunteered his house this year. I can't wait. I LOVE turkey!!!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Now that I no longer have to work holidays :pray: I cook at my house. I have my Mom over every year, and my in-laws if they aren't cooking for others. I like to stay home on Thanksgiving. Get the turkey in early, watch Macy's parade, eat..have leftovers. LOVE Thanksgiving!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
It's mostly just Lari and I here for Holidays. Last few years we've subbed standing rib roast for turkey cuz I think we both got tired of turkey. Might go back to turkey this year,,, dont know,,,, havent decided. Maybe try a goose which neither of us have ever had.
This will be the first year that Ive been retired so I think making the dinner will be my 'project' and Lari can sit with her feet up with Princess Gracie. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online