LeapPad...I hate you!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
This is just a rant from a very tired mama...

Two years ago I worked some overtime and scrounged up some money for LeapPad Explorers for my girls for Christmas (basically an I-pad for preschool and younger aged children). They were about $100 a piece and the game cartridges are about $20-$30 a piece. Boy did I get my money's worth because they have played the heck out of those things! Up until a week ago they had continued to play with them (I consider a toy that gets constantly played with for two years running pretty darn good in this house). Well these stinkin little things are demanding to be connected to the computer so I've done it and they have failed to sync and locked up. Can't restore them to factory settings, can't get into the games....have searched and scoured the internet for the solution...you will never get to talk to an actual person when you call customer service because you will wait on hold forever...

I hate you b*stards at LeapPad!

Thanks for listening. :cursing:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feel your pain, I remember we had one and the power cord connection went bad after the warranty. They didn't play with it that much because i got it when they were just too young to appreciate it. No way was I putting batteries in it! So disappointed. Spent a fortune as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh, that sucks! We have the innotab here and it is a pain cuz it takes AA batteries and they only last a day and a half at most. The power cords are so cheaply made that the plug itself breaks within weeks sometimes. I have replaced the cord 4 times and finally gave up. Waste of money and they make it a different size so you can't use a better quality one either. Now the girls only can use it on car rides or big trips when I can use the car plug or am willing to use batteries. It is 1 1/2 years old and has gotten well used but I am over it. Santa is going to bring them kindle fires I think this year. Problem solved. Lol

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We finally broke down and bought rechargeable batteries and the charger for the girl's leappads. Otherwise, we too would have crazy battery usage!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I think [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] might be able to help. . . he is an expert at, well... at dropping such devices.... ahh..well...ahh.. .into...ahhh... well... dont ask HOW he did it, but he is known as a Tidey Bowl Ipad Fisherman on 4 paws :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We finally broke down and bought rechargeable batteries and the charger for the girl's leappads. Otherwise, we too would have crazy battery usage!
I have been meaning to also, just keep forgetting. It is the only way they will get to use it anymore,which is sad. Daddy put their music on there, some movies and auto of pictures etc so they are sad without it.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I think @Chumley might be able to help. . . he is an expert at, well... at dropping such devices.... ahh..well...ahh.. .into...ahhh... well... dont ask HOW he did it, but he is known as a Tidey Bowl Ipad Fisherman on 4 paws :D

:ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.