JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It's now been 6 weeks as of this past Saturday. Overall she's just doing fantastic for a senior. I wanted to share some additional picture of her face. Notice how in the first pics taken the day we got her she doesn't have any nose rope hair (she didn't have any on her butt either). I have been told that it was probably due to years of being in a cage during her over breeding years. All her elbows were dry and missing hair too but they're all healed up too.

Day we got her driving home. I thought it was so odd to see no hair on her nose ropes.

Few days after - notice all the redness on her leg and the sore...all gone now. :)

Sore from licking? The black mark is a deep scar and she has quite a few of those.

Today :)

Since our fall last week outside she's doing better now. We had a minor setback of her not wanting to go outside and let alone down the steps due to her being scared and sore. But the last 3 days she's been going down them again and following me everywhere in the yard. :havemyheart:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
EXCELLENT work Jeannie.... the love is paying off! she is a beauty

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow amazing difference love can make. She's beautiful Jeannie!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Awesome job, Jeannie! Amazing what love, good food, and happiness can do! :) so happy for you and Sally!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Wow it's hard to believe it has been two months already! She looks so great!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Wow! Look at you sweet Sally! :2thumbs: It's amazing what some good TLC can do. You guys were meant for her, Jeannie!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Such a sweetie pie. I just want to hug her -- and you for loving her!:2thumbs:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! Look at you sweet Sally! :2thumbs: It's amazing what some good TLC can do. You guys were meant for her, Jeannie!
Yes we were and her us.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow it's hard to believe it has been two months already! She looks so great!
I know huh, close enough. Time's flown by.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Mustang Sally's Facial expression while she is sleeping in your arms, Speaks Volumes, She now has trust, and Love, and parents that care about her, Now what she can produce. When I'm looking at a Senior, especially one who's been through the tram Sally's been through, I look at the Pet itself, not the battle scars, How has she adapted to trusting, does she come to you, does she look to you for her security, Is she generally happy. Her outer scars remind you and me what she's been through, Not where she is headed !! Jeannie, just her sleeping in your arms, or while your next to her, says a lot. It shows her trust and love to you, and how she's once again given her heart, or put her heart on the line, It just shows how loving these kids are, and how trusting we will do the right thing by them. We can all imagine her past, take a guess, stab in the dark, That won't ever change, nothing we do now will fix her past, But look at her now, the progress she's made, her brilliant future, Makes one want to shed tears for the Love she gave, and all that was wanted from her in return was to breed more puppies for others to Love, while going without it herself. In Sally's case… She saved the best for last, and now it's paying off, and she's finally getting Love…. and more than she could have ever wished for. :clap2: Congratulations go out to you and your family, for what you've been able to accomplish in building her trust yet again…. This is her turn now….. Thats what I see……:yes:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You see it right Dave. For 3 full days now when we're outside in the back, she's been following me without much egging her on with a snack. Before she'd just stand there and stare off into space in a way. Then I'd have to crouch down and call to her and she'd come (but not if I was standing). Odd. She's come a long way in 6 weeks. :inlove:
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION]

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Oh my sweet Sally what a difference 2 months has made. Jeannie where Sally is now is a testament to the hard work and love you have put in. You, like Sally, are an angel! I'm all misty eyed just seeing those pictures and seeing how far she's come. It's such a great feeling knowing that for the rest of her life Sally's furever home is with you, Mike and of course the hooligans

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tears come to my eyes as I look at what love has wrought.

Her pics say everything...Blessings on you & Mike, giving her everything
in her last precious years. Sally (and all of them) are deserving of all we
can give them. She looks beautiful, happy & peaceful.
:angelheart:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelheart:Agree with everyone. You are a bully angel my friend. You have taken Sally and turned her around with care, understanding, patience, and love in such a short time. She will forget her past, and her memories now will be of the love of you and Mike, and your family, and she will love and trust you more and more each day.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Only 6 weeks and she's a different bully! That is so heart breaking and warming at the same time. Breaking to think what she has had to go through and warming to think that she's loved and cared for now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.