Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Jeannie you have done a wonderful job with her :clap2:, it shows what love can do and she is such a beautiful looking girl.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She will forget her past, and her memories now will be of the love of you and Mike, and your family, and she will love and trust you more and more each day.
I hope so. I asked Mike that last night as a matter of fact. Wondering if they remember the past. Some say yes some no.....I'd like to believe good or bad that they do to some extent.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think we're making another step. I was off work yesterday and she went down the kitchen step to the family room were the couch is and sat in front of where she lays on it. I think she wanted up. Well just now, she did it again and faced her spot. :clap: I put her up on the couch and just peeked and she's sleeping away. Makes me so happy to see these small steps.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She looks amazing Jeannie!! My gosh it sure shows what love and good care will do for a baby. She must think she hit the lotto!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
such a look of happiness she has........:) you are doing such a wonderful job..makes me smile :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She looks awesome. What a wonderful loving heart you and your family have!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I think they may remember if they were beaten or hit, because when a dog has had that experience you can see it when they cower when you raise your hand, or when they show aggression, but if the abuse wasn't physical, but neglect, indifference, or abandonment, with no physical abuse, I think they will forget those memories when they know the person with them now has love, she will know you are there for her, she is not crated 24/7 and her trust for you will grow.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Sally looks wonderful [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] .... after doing fostering it makes so much sense to me what love & trust can do for a dogs health, so very glad for Sally that she is in your family!!! She will have nothing but a life full of happiness now :D

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I hope so. I asked Mike that last night as a matter of fact. Wondering if they remember the past. Some say yes some no.....I'd like to believe good or bad that they do to some extent.

Dogs live in the present, yes they have memories of the past but they live in the present so the memories you are making for her now are what she will go on. She will get over her past because you are replacing those bad times with love, safety and building her trust in you ... she will forever be happy and grateful!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
In my opinion...I don't think they "remember" the past. I think what they remember are actions. If she was hit...the raising of the arm will cause her to react. The same way that reaching for the food bowl causes them to react...knowing that action is getting them to be fed. I think it's all in the routine. Reaching for the leash means going to the car. Reaching for my purse means Vegas needs to get in his kennel.

Some dogs may react when a person picks up a stick. To some it means its going to be thrown and to others it means they are going to get whipped.

I was told long ago that dogs have no concept of time. That's why when we walk out the door to check the mail....excitement erupts when you walk back in.

But then again.....how are dogs that have been lost remember their way home after months or years on the road. We've all heard those types of wonderful stories. Is that remembering or is that something else?

I forgot to add....Jeannie, Sally melts my heart. She is just adorable.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you ladies, I know they remember but deep in your mind you wonder if they remember events like we do. I never thought of it that way. I'd like to believe that good or bad they do remember, heck how would they know who I am afterall? I know, not quite the same.

She melts my heart too. :luv:

Most Reactions