MUST READ BOOK!!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I am not an avid book person, BUT....... Just read the BEST book for anyone who ever owned a dog, or for that matter, was owned by one!!
title: A Dogs Purpose
author: W. Bruce Cameron

Seriously, one of the best books I have ever written!! It won't let you down, I promise!! A story written by the dog, questioning all of our ridiculous human behavior. You will laugh, cry , howl, and then read it again!!

enjoy!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I've heard of that book....I'm an audio book person (listen on my way to work). Will I be bawling when I get to work? There's nothing worse than starting the day with a cry headache......

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have a Nook, and A Dog's Purpose keeps coming up on my next to read... I will have to check it out! Thanks :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Cool, thanks for sharing, it sounds good. I'll have to check it out. I used to read a lot, but haven't in a long while, because when I read, I find I have the most time at night when I go to bed, and then if the book is a good read, I keep reading, and before I know it it's 2 or 3 in the morning, and I have to work the next day, and then I'm tired the next day.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I used to read all the time...then I got a jealous little furball named Rumble who doesn't think I should spend any time reading since it takes away from his time! :p

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I read this book a couple years ago and have passed it on to friends b/c I too LOVED it! Highly recommend it!

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I've heard of that book....I'm an audio book person (listen on my way to work). Will I be bawling when I get to work? There's nothing worse than starting the day with a cry headache......

I won't lie- there are some "tissue" parts, but as soon as you start tearing, there is more to chuckle at! I HATE tearjerker anything- movies, books, stories.... but this one grabbed my heart!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I won't lie- there are some "tissue" parts, but as soon as you start tearing, there is more to chuckle at! I HATE tearjerker anything- movies, books, stories.... but this one grabbed my heart!

I cried thru the entire book, I recall!! just keep those Kleenex handy.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog

I am an Audiobook person too since my drive to work is quite a ways as well...I found it on MP3 and on CD...and the sequel 'A Dog's Journey' is also available.

Thanks for the suggestion---it's on my Reading list!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I will have a look in the book store for it, Thanks for the tip :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online