Help question

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
Not a bulldog questions but hopefully some one can answer it for me. My brother has a alaskan malamute and she caught a rabbit in the back yard and proceeded to eat it before my brother could catch her and take it away from her. She ate almost the whole thing. My question is will it hurt her any? These are just plain old city rabbits that eat mainly grass. I figured it will probabley give her a upset stomach but not sure if it will cause any other problems.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I doubt it will. This is a primal instinct for a dog, though domesticated that prey drive is still innate. So I doubt it will cause any problems

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Since raw food digests differently than kibble she may experience stomach upset, as long as the rabbit was not diseased or anything I would think that would be the only worry, but I could certainly be wrong. I would just watch their behavior the next 24 hours and if something seems bad, they should go have her checked out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with what [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has stated... should be a little tummy upset, but keep an eye on her anything out of the ordinary -- to the vet they go

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.