Real Name
    Rachael
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Default Hobbies

Outside of spending time with your Bully , do you have a hobby?

I'm so busy being mom and working that I often times forget "me". So not sure if I have a regular hobby anymore. I do like to read, go to sporting events and watch a whole lot of TV. I think I watch every show when I have time. DVR is amazing .

I'm researching two other potential hobbies , starting a saltwater fish tank and playing guitar. Both I have wanted to do for a while.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hobbies

My hobbies: 1) living life to the fullest without worrying about the small things, 22 years in the Army taught me while many things are important never lose focus on life itself; 2) enjoying small mundane things like rolling around in the grass with my bullies and acting silly, I don't ever want to loss my inner child; 3) astronomy, I take my telescope outside at odd morning hours just to see what I can find; 4) growing my own vegetables for the family and I love watching Amber dig up the carrots; 5) building communications infrastructure, I was a satillite and microwave technician for the Army for 22 years and still work on communications for the Department of Defense, I like to see how things work and keep them operational; 6) building Kio ponds just because I find owning my own eco-system is enjoyable; 7) reading......just about anything but one of my favorites is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; 8) canning my own vegetables and fruits......the zombies are coming, lol; 9) watching NASCAR.....my favorite driver is Kyle Bush; 10) skeet shooting and there are several other things I like to do but these are a few of my favorites. I have a rather adventurous spirit, I like to keep things moving.

Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour -g4-trap-shoot-017-jpg-g4-trap-shoot-018-jpg-g4-trap-shoot-023-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -g4-trap-shoot-025-jpg   -g4-trap-shoot-022-jpg  
    Last edited by dalmatina38; 06-07-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    My hobbies: 1) living life to the fullest without worrying about the small things, 22 years in the Army taught me while many things are important never lose focus on life itself; 2) enjoying small mundane things like rolling around in the grass with my bullies and acting silly, I don't ever want to loss my inner child; 3) astronomy, I take my telescope outside at odd morning hours just to see what I can find; 4) growing my own vegetables for the family and I love watching Amber dig up the carrots; 5) building communications infrastructure, I was a satillite and microwave technician for the Army for 22 years and still work on communications for the Department of Defense, I like to see how things work and keep them operational; 6) building Kio ponds just because I find owning my own eco-system is enjoyable; 7) reading......just about anything but one of my favorites is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; 8) canning my own vegetables and fruits......the zombies are coming, lol; 9) watching NASCAR.....my favorite driver is Kyle Bush; 10) skeet shooting and there are several other things I like to do but these are a few of my favorites. I have a rather adventurous spirit, I like to keep things moving.

Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour -g4-trap-shoot-017-jpg-g4-trap-shoot-018-jpg-g4-trap-shoot-023-jpg

I Love to Read and Atlas Shrugged is my absolute favorite book of all time I have read it at least 6 times and listened to the unabridged audio version 3 times! I even went to see the movie (drove 80 miles one way), but I wasn't overly impressed with that.

Other than reading and spending time with my wonderful family, I enjoy the same things as @rachelJ.......Lots of shows on the DVR here (I even had a Hopper installed)

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour

I need a nap after reading this post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hobbies in my life before becoming a bulldog mom included working out, knitting, hiking and anything outdoorsy. At present I still hike, with the boys, tho I don't go on long ones like I used to since I hate being away from them for too during my days off. I also love to cook and bake!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I used to have a lot of hobbies, like scrap booking, photography, cooking, gardening.....

Then EBN took over.

At least cooking is still on my list, but that's probably only because we also started Taste Tested Recipes!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

My hobbies: 1) living life to the fullest without worrying about the small things, 22 years in the Army taught me while many things are important never lose focus on life itself; 2) enjoying small mundane things like rolling around in the grass with my bullies and acting silly, I don't ever want to loss my inner child; 3) astronomy, I take my telescope outside at odd morning hours just to see what I can find; 4) growing my own vegetables for the family and I love watching Amber dig up the carrots; 5) building communications infrastructure, I was a satillite and microwave technician for the Army for 22 years and still work on communications for the Department of Defense, I like to see how things work and keep them operational; 6) building Kio ponds just because I find owning my own eco-system is enjoyable; 7) reading......just about anything but one of my favorites is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; 8) canning my own vegetables and fruits......the zombies are coming, lol; 9) watching NASCAR.....my favorite driver is Kyle Bush; 10) skeet shooting and there are several other things I like to do but these are a few of my favorites. I have a rather adventurous spirit, I like to keep things moving.Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour -g4-trap-shoot-017-jpg-g4-trap-shoot-018-jpg-g4-trap-shoot-023-jpg
    Oh HELL No..... This looks too much like Trap or skeet to me.....lol, I love shooting about once a month to keep in shape, Skeet, Trap, 5 Stand, Sporting clays, the whole 9 yards..... I take my daughters, 20 & 25 with me to shoot as well, Love it, The guys pop up like their going to teach these girls a thing or two about shooting, and my girls just dust em off !! lol. Besides playing Shotgun Golf, I enjoy shooting my rifles, and custom built .357 Max pistol, which I ordered from a custom builder, Jim Rock there in Arizona, Other hobbies are reloading for my Shotguns, Pistols and Rifles, I like precision shooting !! Also Love to Fish, and Build Fishing Rods, as well as Boating. Seems work and my Bully take up most of my time, But These three well four items always keep a place in my heart and relieve stress from my days..., Favorite movies of all time are The Notebook, and Fireproof, Rocky and I enjoy them, well anyway I do while he sleeps, But not much for reading. Love funny flix on TV, like Duck Dynasty, Backyard Oil, or even Alaska Frontier, Before Rocky, I did a lot of traveling, so still keep up with friends from all over the country.

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

My main hobby is motorcycle touring which led to photography. I tried to get Pickle on the bike but she wanted nothing to do with it.
    I like to try different things that grab my attention but that usually turns into a temporary hobby for a couple of months at the most.

Real Name
    Rachelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kirby
    Likes (Received)

I have a hard time remembering "me" too. I have a guitar sitting in my living room that I've been thinking maybe I should know how to play that lol. I like TV too much and I know it. I love shopping, but having 3 kids and Kirby doesn't leave a lot of "me" money for this shopping haha. I myself really like traveling. That's probably the most I could say I still try to practice hobby wise. Next week I plan on traveling down to Santa Monica while I have some family here, thought the Santa Monica Pier would be fun to see since I haven't been yet! I love getting over to the coast or going up into the mountains. I'm just so excited, after next week Kirby will be up on his shots so we can start exploring!!
    I said I didn't want 4 kids, but I have a 4th and his name is Kirby

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My hobbies are my kids. They are our world. I have a son that played high school ice hockey before he graduated last week and my daughter is a competitive horse jumper and figure skater so mine and my wifes time is taken up with that most of the time. When we do have free time between competition season we enjoy saltwater fishin, boating, hunting, paintball and just having a good time hanging with family and friends.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My hobbies are sewing, scrapbooking but I don't seem to have enough time to spend on it these days as Ftse takes my attention mainly and of course EBN and I like to watch the Tennis.
    Last edited by Ftse 100; 06-18-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Rachael
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

I like to go to the gun range myself. Haven't tried skeet yet but it's in my list. I go to make sure I keep up my skills. I'm just a gun toting mom who wants to be able to protect herself . No military background at all. If anything I'm quite girlie. Lol I like paintball and ATV riding. That's the country girl in me even though a grew up in the city.

I think many of us have the same types of hobbies and like similar things . @Casper Duck Dynasty( yay) and being a mom like some others and photography.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads