Hobbies

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Say it isn't so!

Oh yes! It is so....my driver hasn't been doing great in the past couple of weeks. NASCAR keeps me going until football season starts then it is..........Go Falcons!! LOL

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Oh yes! It is so....my driver hasn't been doing great in the past couple of weeks. NASCAR keeps me going until football season starts then it is..........Go Falcons!! LOL

Ohhhh Kewl, I got to watch Dale Earnhardts last good race at Daytona, The Pepsi 400, It was so kewl…. I was doing some painting in my kitchen, getting it ready to sell, listening to his final race on TV in Cocoa Beach FL when he died in his last race, I couldn't really understand it, The Hospital was catty corner to the racetrack in Daytona, But later found he was DOA at the hospital, shoot they could have carried him across the street. Friends of mine and I would go to the Happy Hour their at Daytona speedway and watch them….. Awesome…. I didn't think anyone else here watched Nascar….Wow !!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ohhhh Kewl, I got to watch Dale Earnhardts last good race at Daytona, The Pepsi 400, It was so kewl…. I was doing some painting in my kitchen, getting it ready to sell, listening to his final race on TV in Cocoa Beach FL when he died in his last race, I couldn't really understand it, The Hospital was catty corner to the racetrack in Daytona, But later found he was DOA at the hospital, shoot they could have carried him across the street. Friends of mine and I would go to the Happy Hour their at Daytona speedway and watch them….. Awesome…. I didn't think anyone else here watched Nascar….Wow !!

There are several of us that do. That race was horrific for sure. I remember that day well.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
There are several of us that do. That race was horrific for sure. I remember that day well.

I also see your a pistol Packer, lol I'll show you one of mine, I use for target practice, I had it custom built in Arizona, .357 Max, with a .270 tip, wildcat round, Leopold scope, muzzle brake, 14" barrel, range is 400 yards with ease, and I love to shoot competition, but prefer to hand load my own ammunition.

IMG_0056.JPG

Whats your preferences in hand guns?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I also see your a pistol Packer, lol I'll show you one of mine, I use for target practice, I had it custom built in Arizona, .357 Max, with a .270 tip, wildcat round, Leopold scope, muzzle brake, 14" barrel, range is 400 yards with ease, and I love to shoot competition, but prefer to hand load my own ammunition.

View attachment 47051

Whats your preferences in hand guns?

I like my .22 pink Walther....but it is ALWAYS jamming on me.

I love the gun I inherited from my dad. It's a .22 long rifle

I LOVE my M&P 9mm "shield". This is my carry gun.

I LOVE LOVE my AR 15, built by yours truly just recently.

IMG_0260.jpgIMG_0261.jpg

For some reason...I really really really want a revolver. That will be next.

My hubby reloads most of ours also.

Sorry I don't know all the specs of the guns.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My son got me into watching NASCAR last year and I have enjoyed it every weekend ever since. We went to Phoenix last November to watch one of the last races and got to meet Larry the Cable Guy, that was rather cool. It gives me an excuse to make homemade Nacos and finger foods. Its almost like a superbowl party every weekend at my house. lol Total enjoyment; my sons driver is Tony Stewart aka "Smoke" and my daughter in laws driver is Johnson. My daughter likes Dana because she it the only female driver so lots of ragging each other over who's dirver is the best or who is going to win. lol

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I like my .22 pink Walther....but it is ALWAYS jamming on me.

I love the gun I inherited from my dad. It's a .22 long rifle

I LOVE my M&P 9mm "shield". This is my carry gun.

I LOVE LOVE my AR 15, built by yours truly just recently.

View attachment 47052View attachment 47053

For some reason...I really really really want a revolver. That will be next.

My hubby reloads most of ours also.

Sorry I don't know all the specs of the guns.

Awesome Cheryl, I love the walther, The round is just to small for protection, and the 9mm is awesome, I use to carry a barrette Mod 92, 9mm, But one day at the range, we did a test after reading an article in street survival, where a perp had been shot 33 times by 9mm and was returning fire on Law Enforcement. We set up two 1 Gal milk jugs, filled with water, 25 yards, Shot with the 9mm, Evidently seemed as though i clean miss, but then seen the water draining, Good bullseye shot, the velocity of the round went through and through, without rocking the Jug, Hmmm, tried it again with a .40 Cal, Jug disintegrated, Evidence was clear, the 9mm round was too fast, with no stopping power, The .40 Cal provided what was needed in the objective. I now have a Beretta Mod 96 Stainless .40cal, and a Mod 92 Blue Steel 9mm. My carry weapon for ever on the street was a S&W mod .66 which was the .357/38, I shot it in Quantico at the FBI course which is a 50 yard course, with a 4" barrel. I very much like the Italian made Beretta Shotguns as well, Especially the X-treme models, no kick, My daughter loves them too. I still have my very first shotgun, given to me on my 16th birthday from my Dad, Old .870 Remington Wingmaster, Then after Hurricane Katrina, replaced a lot that I lost with the Italian Stallions, The .12 Gauge Extrema, .12 Gauge Over and Under competition White Onyx, and an old Ithica .12 Gauge automatic. I was also mesmerized by the story of the Winchester Short Mag (WSM) where a little guy, I think from Arizone patented the WSM round, and Partnered with Winchester, and winchester built a rifle to accommodate this round. The round velocity is a magnum, and travels well over 3400 feet per second. I've been an advocate of this round for many years with hunters, In the fact, I don't like hunters taking inhumane shots at big game, wounding the animal, and the animal running off somewhere suffering till its death. The Magnum Round, travels at such a velocity, that any penetration into the game, causes total disruption of all soft tissue, which includes heart and lungs, Causing a clear death, therefore eliminating wounded animals. This has worked with just about every hunter in my area, However theres many more hunters to be educated. After the guy in Arizona created this round, and Winchester build a rifle to accommodate the Rifle, Winchester Arms then got greedy !! They challenged the fact the guy from Arizona actually patented the round, lol, Not only did Winchester challenge him, but they also Terminated his employment, then refused to pay him his cut for the round. :yes: The little guy protests Winchester, and takes them to Federal Court, Winchester continues building rifles around this round, and laughing at this little guy. When they finally get a court date granted, The little guy goes against the corporation in a Landmark case, and proves he has the Patent on this round, and now Sues Winchester in all their greed, LMBO…. He causes Winchester Arms to sell out to Repeating Arms, in their attempt to pay the little guy restitution on his Law Suit, to satisfy the decision of the court. Now that all this has taken place, Each Gun Manufacturer can now build the same Gun, to shoot this round, But the deal is, The holder of the Patent for the Round gets a cut off of each gun sold by whatever manufacturer. Needless to say, he's not the little guy getting pushed around anymore by big business, also in the same breath, Winchester is not the American made precision gun anymore. I have one of the Old Winchester Rifles, Model 70, their most popular, and it's in a 7mm (WSM) round, Also have the Seiko .270 (WSM) for big game white Tail Deer Hunting. Although I haven't hunted since I was a young adult, I enjoy Handloading my own rounds, and shooting competitions, lol, and enjoy shooting skeet, and Trap with my daughter. She's amazing, and I love to see her take such an interest in Firearms, and I know she's been taught gun safety, as well as conceal carry, and I have no doubt she can defend herself accurately. I enjoy seeing women taking on the sport of shooting, and Really enjoyed the USA Women and Mens Skeet competition in the summer olympics, Both Men and Ladies of the USA brought home the Gold….. Very proud of those competition shooters…..:yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.