Hobbies

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Outside of spending time with your Bully , do you have a hobby?

I'm so busy being mom and working that I often times forget "me". So not sure if I have a regular hobby anymore. I do like to read, go to sporting events and watch a whole lot of TV. I think I watch every show when I have time. DVR is amazing .

I'm researching two other potential hobbies , starting a saltwater fish tank and playing guitar. Both I have wanted to do for a while.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My hobbies: 1) living life to the fullest without worrying about the small things, 22 years in the Army taught me while many things are important never lose focus on life itself; 2) enjoying small mundane things like rolling around in the grass with my bullies and acting silly, I don't ever want to loss my inner child; 3) astronomy, I take my telescope outside at odd morning hours just to see what I can find; 4) growing my own vegetables for the family and I love watching Amber dig up the carrots; 5) building communications infrastructure, I was a satillite and microwave technician for the Army for 22 years and still work on communications for the Department of Defense, I like to see how things work and keep them operational; 6) building Kio ponds just because I find owning my own eco-system is enjoyable; 7) reading......just about anything but one of my favorites is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; 8) canning my own vegetables and fruits......the zombies are coming, lol; 9) watching NASCAR.....my favorite driver is Kyle Bush; 10) skeet shooting and there are several other things I like to do but these are a few of my favorites. I have a rather adventurous spirit, I like to keep things moving.

Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour G4 Trap Shoot 017.jpgG4 Trap Shoot 018.jpgG4 Trap Shoot 023.jpg

Attachments

• G4 Trap Shoot 025.jpg
    G4 Trap Shoot 025.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 136
  • G4 Trap Shoot 022.jpg
    G4 Trap Shoot 022.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
My hobbies: 1) living life to the fullest without worrying about the small things, 22 years in the Army taught me while many things are important never lose focus on life itself; 2) enjoying small mundane things like rolling around in the grass with my bullies and acting silly, I don't ever want to loss my inner child; 3) astronomy, I take my telescope outside at odd morning hours just to see what I can find; 4) growing my own vegetables for the family and I love watching Amber dig up the carrots; 5) building communications infrastructure, I was a satillite and microwave technician for the Army for 22 years and still work on communications for the Department of Defense, I like to see how things work and keep them operational; 6) building Kio ponds just because I find owning my own eco-system is enjoyable; 7) reading......just about anything but one of my favorites is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; 8) canning my own vegetables and fruits......the zombies are coming, lol; 9) watching NASCAR.....my favorite driver is Kyle Bush; 10) skeet shooting and there are several other things I like to do but these are a few of my favorites. I have a rather adventurous spirit, I like to keep things moving.

Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour View attachment 45683View attachment 45684View attachment 45687

I Love to Read and Atlas Shrugged is my absolute favorite book of all time :) I have read it at least 6 times and listened to the unabridged audio version 3 times! I even went to see the movie (drove 80 miles one way), but I wasn't overly impressed with that.

Other than reading and spending time with my wonderful family, I enjoy the same things as [MENTION=743]rachel[/MENTION]J.......Lots of shows on the DVR here (I even had a Hopper installed) :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour

I need a nap after reading this post. :babysleep:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hobbies in my life before becoming a bulldog mom included working out, knitting, hiking and anything outdoorsy. At present I still hike, with the boys, tho I don't go on long ones like I used to since I hate being away from them for too during my days off. I also love to cook and bake! :cooking:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I used to have a lot of hobbies, like scrap booking, photography, cooking, gardening.....

Then EBN took over. :rofl:

At least cooking is still on my list, but that's probably only because we also started Taste Tested Recipes!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
My hobbies: 1) living life to the fullest without worrying about the small things, 22 years in the Army taught me while many things are important never lose focus on life itself; 2) enjoying small mundane things like rolling around in the grass with my bullies and acting silly, I don't ever want to loss my inner child; 3) astronomy, I take my telescope outside at odd morning hours just to see what I can find; 4) growing my own vegetables for the family and I love watching Amber dig up the carrots; 5) building communications infrastructure, I was a satillite and microwave technician for the Army for 22 years and still work on communications for the Department of Defense, I like to see how things work and keep them operational; 6) building Kio ponds just because I find owning my own eco-system is enjoyable; 7) reading......just about anything but one of my favorites is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; 8) canning my own vegetables and fruits......the zombies are coming, lol; 9) watching NASCAR.....my favorite driver is Kyle Bush; 10) skeet shooting and there are several other things I like to do but these are a few of my favorites. I have a rather adventurous spirit, I like to keep things moving.Me with some of my co-workers during lunch hour View attachment 45683View attachment 45684View attachment 45687
Oh HELL No..... This looks too much like Trap or skeet to me.....lol, I love shooting about once a month to keep in shape, Skeet, Trap, 5 Stand, Sporting clays, the whole 9 yards..... I take my daughters, 20 & 25 with me to shoot as well, Love it, The guys pop up like their going to teach these girls a thing or two about shooting, and my girls just dust em off !! lol. Besides playing Shotgun Golf, I enjoy shooting my rifles, and custom built .357 Max pistol, which I ordered from a custom builder, Jim Rock there in Arizona, Other hobbies are reloading for my Shotguns, Pistols and Rifles, I like precision shooting !! Also Love to Fish, and Build Fishing Rods, as well as Boating. Seems work and my Bully take up most of my time, But These three well four items always keep a place in my heart and relieve stress from my days..., Favorite movies of all time are The Notebook, and Fireproof, Rocky and I enjoy them, well anyway I do while he sleeps, But not much for reading. Love funny flix on TV, like Duck Dynasty, Backyard Oil, or even Alaska Frontier, Before Rocky, I did a lot of traveling, so still keep up with friends from all over the country.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
My main hobby is motorcycle touring which led to photography. I tried to get Pickle on the bike but she wanted nothing to do with it.
I like to try different things that grab my attention but that usually turns into a temporary hobby for a couple of months at the most.

Rachelle

May 12, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kirby
I have a hard time remembering "me" too. I have a guitar sitting in my living room that I've been thinking maybe I should know how to play that lol. I like TV too much and I know it. I love shopping, but having 3 kids and Kirby doesn't leave a lot of "me" money for this shopping haha. I myself really like traveling. That's probably the most I could say I still try to practice hobby wise. Next week I plan on traveling down to Santa Monica while I have some family here, thought the Santa Monica Pier would be fun to see since I haven't been yet! I love getting over to the coast or going up into the mountains. I'm just so excited, after next week Kirby will be up on his shots so we can start exploring!! :D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My hobbies are my kids. They are our world. I have a son that played high school ice hockey before he graduated last week and my daughter is a competitive horse jumper and figure skater so mine and my wifes time is taken up with that most of the time. When we do have free time between competition season we enjoy saltwater fishin, boating, hunting, paintball and just having a good time hanging with family and friends.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
My hobbies are sewing, scrapbooking but I don't seem to have enough time to spend on it these days as Ftse takes my attention mainly and of course EBN and I like to watch the Tennis.

Last edited:
OP
R

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I like to go to the gun range myself. Haven't tried skeet yet but it's in my list. I go to make sure I keep up my skills. I'm just a gun toting mom who wants to be able to protect herself . No military background at all. If anything I'm quite girlie. Lol I like paintball and ATV riding. That's the country girl in me even though a grew up in the city.

I think many of us have the same types of hobbies and like similar things . [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] Duck Dynasty( yay) and being a mom like some others and photography.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My biggest hobby is photography , in my free time i also do a lot of work for military charities - my husband is army veteran with PTSD and hes disabled , so as his carer i don't get much time for myself ,and when i do i eather photograph or spend time in the gym

RoxyRoller

Jun 11, 2013
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
My hobby is riding and showing horses.

Since I got Roxy though, she has become my barn puppy. Anytime I go out she is with me; she loves it & I love it. She gets to meet a ton of new people and learns a ton of new things all the time. When it's time for me to ride she sits quietly and watches, she's a gem, I couldn't have asked for a better behaved puppy!! Of course I leave toys and such for her to chew on, but she would rather just sit and watch :).

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I will find some...

Alicia

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hobbies of mine are cooking, baking, hiking....and watching TV! Lol but I think my favorite one (if it counts) is going to see live music! I'm such a live music junkie. I love watching my friends at local bars, big name bands and small name bands. That's why I love going to music festivals because you can see the headliners, bands that aren't as well known, and bands you have never heard of but then end up loving them! If only my hobby wasn't so expensive!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.