What to do about dog urine killing the grass?

OP
Starkie

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
^^^
LOL, we have a small back yard that is typical of newer California subdivisions.
With a Bullie and a Yorkie and two cats, our animals per acre density might be a little higher than yours.
Currently, we have a large, dead patch right by the back door and adjacent to the BBQ that I am trying to fix.
So far so good, the unburned grass is doing well so I may try re-seeding with lawn patch this weekend after the gardeners leave.
And again, the cleanup of the new pee-pee/poo-poo station was alot easier last evening in preparation for the garbage truck this morning.
I think I'm having an OCD episode ;)

OP
Starkie

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
We have baby grasslings poking their heads through the Miracle Grow.
With any luck, they shown be ready to mow in another 3-4 weeks.
Not too bad for only a week since raking, planting, covering with Miracle Grow.
But again, best of all, Walley-Bubba doesn't mind the more restrictive leash walk to the Dutch Ditch.
This has been a good compromise.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Get St Augustine! It literally will spread and cover up any dead or yellow spots. We have 2 dogs that love to have "pissing" contests..over and over and over! If it ever truly dies..we just take out that brown grass and keep lawn watered and the runners spread on their own!

Funniest thing...we have that exact drain in an area in our side yard..guess what? We call it a "French Drain"!!! Lol!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.