Plant people.... Help!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Think I found it.....
Black night shade. Googled itandthat is exactly what itappearsto be. Think it is safe but deadly nightshade is deadly. Both r similar. Either way unthinking will just pull it. Was hoping it would turnout to be something I wanted. How did it get in my backyard?! Weird.

The minute I opened up that pic, I got so freaked out, I clicked off the window and had to re-log in! That is NIGHTSHADE and I can tell you that one time, I was clearing some out of a flower bed and handling it made me very sick. I call all nightshade "deadly" -- who wants to chance it, right? When I handle it now, I'm very careful not to breathe in the pollen or come in contact with the berries.

PULL IT!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The minute I opened up that pic, I got so freaked out, I clicked off the window and had to re-log in! That is NIGHTSHADE and I can tell you that one time, I was clearing some out of a flower bed and handling it made me very sick. I call all nightshade "deadly" -- who wants to chance it, right? When I handle it now, I'm very careful not to breathe in the pollen or come in contact with the berries.

PULL IT!
thank you! I had a feeling you would know. ;) I did pull it, wasn't worth the risk. Had read mixed reviews on its toxicity and wasn't keeping anything with risk in my yard. Sometimes I find new plants and end up liking them but sadly not that one.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online