Plant people.... Help!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have this weed growing in my yard. Came out of nowhere and since it looked interesting I have let it be. Any ideas what in heck it is?? The flowers almost looked like the way jalapeños start but the fruit or whatever it is, is round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 124

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Not sure; I have fig trees and bushes and mine don't look like that. It kind of looks like a China berry to me......one thing for sure is don't eat it until you know what it is, keep furbabies away.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Googled both figs and china berry, doesn't seem to be either. Lol ugh.....this is going to drive me crazy. Yeah it old the 4 year old not to touch it and the pups don't go near it yet anyhow. Have to just keep my eye out and make sure!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm thinking fig....

:hmm:

Or cocaine. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I crack myself up.....

That's not cocaine! The leaves are too big duh.gif

It looks like one of those gum tree things. If you have an iPhone you can download an app called LeafSnap, it should tell you what it is. They don't have an android version yet :bitching:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Think I found it.....
Black night shade. Googled itandthat is exactly what itappearsto be. Think it is safe but deadly nightshade is deadly. Both r similar. Either way unthinking will just pull it. Was hoping it would turnout to be something I wanted. How did it get in my backyard?! Weird.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have this same thing growing in front of my jasmine plants, I haven't touched it either, grew out of nowhere. It looks like some sort of pepper the way those round things are growing out??

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Birds dropped it off just for you. :D 2 years ago I had a tomato plant suddenly bloom out of nowhere. hahaha!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Birds dropped it off just for you. :D 2 years ago I had a tomato plant suddenly bloom out of nowhere. hahaha!
Lol I guess! I as hoping it would be something more yummy. Pulled it out in case it s poisonous. With 2 kids and 3 pups it isn't worth it. Was much larger than it looked! Thankfully it came out easy. ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.