Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have a huge problem.... It's my couch. I used to have a pretty solid routine, eat dinner , watch a bit of tv with the family, then I would get on the computer and work on articles and stuff afterwards for a couple hours. This was always a great time to get events prepped and work on stuff!

But my couch has decided differently.

I keep falling asleep!!!! You know the kind of sleep where you want to wake up so badly, because you want to get something done, but no matter how much you fight it you just keep dosing off? Even sitting up, my teen ager telling me to wake up, it doesn't matter. If I'm on that couch I cannot stay awake.

One might argue that I'm tired and need to sleep. This is not true. If I'm not on the couch I can stay up no problem.

So what do you think? Is it all in my head or did I just discover a few weeks ago how comfortable my couch is? Oh let me tell you I've had it over 10 years and never had this happen.

By the way, I just woke up from an evening siesta on the couch :D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Me thinks a beloved friend has been thru trauma and her body is saying, REST.

These things will get done, breaks in between, lots of them, hydrate, hydrate,
hydrate, take a good multi Vit/Mineral (if you're not already) and put off extra
obligations, etc...just for a short while.

You'll be good to go again, soon...give yourself love, comfort & caring...GOD loves you!

And so do we.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
You need rest Lisa and the couch is telling you, enjoy your siestas on the couch

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
it's a magic couch and it senses what your body needs. It needs rest after dealing with Mandy's surgery and the loss of two beautiful angel babies and every two hour feedings and bum wipes, you are exhausted.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it's a magic couch and it senses what your body needs. It needs rest after dealing with Mandy's surgery, you are exhausted.

I would think so too except this started long before that lol!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I have to agree with others..you must need the rest. That and the dogs probably helped make it comfy over the 10 years you've had it...how's that?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i wish my couch did me like that :2thumbs: nothing to worry bout take 2 siestas and call me in the morning. :) oh btw um you are a bit older now :p

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I honestly think its in my head. Like.....since I think it will make me sleepy, it does! I don't have that same thing in my comfy bed. I'm think I'm losing my mind :blink:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Something about the couch or the room in general is soothing to you so it just does it for you. Don't knock it, enjoy it. You are recharging your body, mind and spirit which you probably need. I could use such a couch, so if you don't want it I will take it because god knows I have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. The only time I had such a restful sleep was when I was giving birth to my second daughter and they dosed me with some demerol...so I am so jealous right now it's not even funny.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lisa -- I have one of these too.... I refuse to sit on it cause I know, regardless of time of day, I am going down for the long count. STAY AWAY form the COUCH!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:laugh: I think your couch is sucking you in and not letting you go because it knows you're burning the wick at both ends. Get your rest lady! :tapfoot:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Something about the couch or the room in general is soothing to you so it just does it for you. Don't knock it, enjoy it. You are recharging your body, mind and spirit which you probably need. I could use such a couch, so if you don't want it I will take it because god knows I have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. The only time I had such a restful sleep was when I was giving birth to my second daughter and they dosed me with some demerol...so I am so jealous right now it's not even funny.

Lol that's good stuff!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lisa -- I have one of these too.... I refuse to sit on it cause I know, regardless of time of day, I am going down for the long count. STAY AWAY form the COUCH!

I agree, I need to stay away otherwise I'll never get my forum stuff done! Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.