Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite scary movie?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

Default Favorite scary movie?

I love horror films. But it's so hard to find any good ones any more. Seems like they are all the same. A bunch of college kids go out and end up meeting the killer, until there are only 2 left, and they "Kill" the killer and ride off together. In other words, no original plot, but a bunch of blood and gore lol
    So I am wondering what is a good horror film, and why lol
    Psycho Pixie
    In love with my little Eloise M.Wigglebottom

Look me up on facebook https://www.facebook.com/EloiseMWrinklebottom

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Favorite scary movie?

I'm a horror lover as well and my fave is Halloween. Total classic!
    I also love Nightmare on Elm Street and next weekend my friend is taking me to see it on the big screen! Can't wait cause I saw it on cable never in the cinema.
    You're right that they don't make them like they used to but one that I did like and someone who is good at scary is Guillermo Del Toro and his 'Don't be afraid of the dark'.

Cheerio mates!

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NigelsMom View Post
    I'm a horror lover as well and my fave is Halloween. Total classic!
    I also love Nightmare on Elm Street and next weekend my friend is taking me to see it on the big screen! Can't wait cause I saw it on cable never in the cinema.
    You're right that they don't make them like they used to but one that I did like and someone who is good at scary is Guillermo Del Toro and his 'Don't be afraid of the dark'.
    Agreed! My favs sre the 80s slasher flicks. Freddy, jason, michael myers, and dint forget chucky! I will say though I also love the Scream series but you def have to watch them in order

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am not much on horror flicks.... but my sister is a big nut for them. she likes all the classics - Exorcist, Psycho, Halloween (all of them), Friday the 13th (all of them), Nightmare on Elm St (all of them).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

The Shinning....I to this day *still* cannot look at certain parts of that movie! "Here comes JOHNNY"
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The Exorcist. I couldn't sleep in the same room as my little sister with the light off after that one. I stood in line for two hours to get into the theater to see it. I have to,say I missed a lot of it because I couldn't open my eyes!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

I also love the exersist (spelt wrong)
    The first Friday the 13th was pretty cool. Had some great graphics for being an older film.
    I like the newer movie, from hell. Any one see that?
    Psycho Pixie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Foster (3); Harley (2002 - 2010)
    Likes (Received)

The Exorcist part 3 - I love the first so much, but it is tame compared to the third. The second is not worth watching. The third, however, scared me on a level that I still have not quite gotten over and have yet to be able to watch it again. Seriously. My husband jokes that he ruined me for watching horror movies with him by showing that movie to me; I think he may be right!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

I will have to look it up. I love horror flicks. I love being afraid lol
    Psycho Pixie

Bulldog(s) Names
    BREMBO
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    The Shinning....I to this day *still* cannot look at certain parts of that movie! "Here comes JOHNNY"
    Same here. The Shining is IT for me, I love that movie.

If any of you are looking for some good new horror films with 80s-type styling, check out 'Insidious' and also 'Sinister'-----SO FREAKING SCARY!!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I have to say None of the Above.

In my younger years the only "Horror" I saw was Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". I had nightmares and a sleep walking episode afterwards.
    In my teens I watched the Exorcist and had nightmares for several nights after. That was enough to convince me I wouldn't watch any Horror flicks.

Someone talked me into watching The Silence of the Lambs. when I was in my late 30's. She said "It's not that bad." Well She LIED! I thought I'd have a heart attack before she got out of that basement. Believe me I never trusted that particular person's movie reviews again! Oh yea...the nightmares were just as bad as any others.

However, I can read Steven King novels till the cows come home. I LOVE how that mans mind works! But there are certain ones I've read that I will never watch the movies, because its the violence and suspense, and least of all the gore of the movies in your face that bothers me. I can read about it. I just can't watch it, at least if I want a good nights sleep after.

Oh and speaking of Steven King. Many of his novels are favorites that I also love the movies. Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are absolute favorites of mine. But they aren't Horror stories either.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    I have to say None of the Above.

In my younger years the only "Horror" I saw was Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". I had nightmares and a sleep walking episode afterwards.
    In my teens I watched the Exorcist and had nightmares for several nights after. That was enough to convince me I wouldn't watch any Horror flicks.

Someone talked me into watching The Silence of the Lambs. when I was in my late 30's. She said "It's not that bad." Well She LIED! I thought I'd have a heart attack before she got out of that basement. Believe me I never trusted that particular person's movie reviews again! Oh yea...the nightmares were just as bad as any others.

However, I can read Steven King novels till the cows come home. I LOVE how that mans mind works! But there are certain ones I've read that I will never watch the movies, because its the violence and suspense, and least of all the gore of the movies in your face that bothers me. I can read about it. I just can't watch it, at least if I want a good nights sleep after.

Oh and speaking of Steven King. Many of his novels are favorites that I also love the movies. Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are absolute favorites of mine. But they aren't Horror stories either.
    I'm a Stephen King fan too. Have been reading him since I was a teen. Have you read "The Dark Tower" series? If you haven't, you should. Some of his best work and you'd never guess it was him. The genre is more western, fantasy, steampunk. Just amazing.

Regarding horror movies.. hmm.. there's many. And the oldies 70's, 80's are the best I think. But then again, The Blair Witch Project scared the out of me too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads