Favorite scary movie?

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I love horror films. But it's so hard to find any good ones any more. Seems like they are all the same. A bunch of college kids go out and end up meeting the killer, until there are only 2 left, and they "Kill" the killer and ride off together. In other words, no original plot, but a bunch of blood and gore lol
So I am wondering what is a good horror film, and why lol

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm a horror lover as well and my fave is Halloween. Total classic!
I also love Nightmare on Elm Street and next weekend my friend is taking me to see it on the big screen! Can't wait cause I saw it on cable never in the cinema.
You're right that they don't make them like they used to but one that I did like and someone who is good at scary is Guillermo Del Toro and his 'Don't be afraid of the dark'.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm a horror lover as well and my fave is Halloween. Total classic!
I also love Nightmare on Elm Street and next weekend my friend is taking me to see it on the big screen! Can't wait cause I saw it on cable never in the cinema.
You're right that they don't make them like they used to but one that I did like and someone who is good at scary is Guillermo Del Toro and his 'Don't be afraid of the dark'.

Agreed! My favs sre the 80s slasher flicks. Freddy, jason, michael myers, and dint forget chucky! I will say though I also love the Scream series but you def have to watch them in order

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am not much on horror flicks.... but my sister is a big nut for them. she likes all the classics - Exorcist, Psycho, Halloween (all of them), Friday the 13th (all of them), Nightmare on Elm St (all of them).

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
The Shinning....I to this day *still* cannot look at certain parts of that movie! "Here comes JOHNNY"

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
The Exorcist. I couldn't sleep in the same room as my little sister with the light off after that one. I stood in line for two hours to get into the theater to see it. I have to,say I missed a lot of it because I couldn't open my eyes!

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I also love the exersist (spelt wrong)
The first Friday the 13th was pretty cool. Had some great graphics for being an older film.
I like the newer movie, from hell. Any one see that?

fosteroni

Feb 24, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Foster (3); Harley (2002 - 2010)
The Exorcist part 3 - I love the first so much, but it is tame compared to the third. The second is not worth watching. The third, however, scared me on a level that I still have not quite gotten over and have yet to be able to watch it again. Seriously. My husband jokes that he ruined me for watching horror movies with him by showing that movie to me; I think he may be right!

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I will have to look it up. I love horror flicks. I love being afraid lol

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
The Shinning....I to this day *still* cannot look at certain parts of that movie! "Here comes JOHNNY"

Same here. The Shining is IT for me, I love that movie.

If any of you are looking for some good new horror films with 80s-type styling, check out 'Insidious' and also 'Sinister'-----SO FREAKING SCARY!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I have to say None of the Above.

In my younger years the only "Horror" I saw was Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". I had nightmares and a sleep walking episode afterwards.
In my teens I watched the Exorcist and had nightmares for several nights after. That was enough to convince me I wouldn't watch any Horror flicks.

Someone talked me into watching The Silence of the Lambs. when I was in my late 30's. She said "It's not that bad." Well She LIED! I thought I'd have a heart attack before she got out of that basement. Believe me I never trusted that particular person's movie reviews again! Oh yea...the nightmares were just as bad as any others.

However, I can read Steven King novels till the cows come home. I LOVE how that mans mind works! But there are certain ones I've read that I will never watch the movies, because its the violence and suspense, and least of all the gore of the movies in your face that bothers me. I can read about it. I just can't watch it, at least if I want a good nights sleep after.

Oh and speaking of Steven King. Many of his novels are favorites that I also love the movies. Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are absolute favorites of mine. But they aren't Horror stories either.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have to say None of the Above.

In my younger years the only "Horror" I saw was Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". I had nightmares and a sleep walking episode afterwards.
In my teens I watched the Exorcist and had nightmares for several nights after. That was enough to convince me I wouldn't watch any Horror flicks.

Someone talked me into watching The Silence of the Lambs. when I was in my late 30's. She said "It's not that bad." Well She LIED! I thought I'd have a heart attack before she got out of that basement. Believe me I never trusted that particular person's movie reviews again! Oh yea...the nightmares were just as bad as any others.

However, I can read Steven King novels till the cows come home. I LOVE how that mans mind works! But there are certain ones I've read that I will never watch the movies, because its the violence and suspense, and least of all the gore of the movies in your face that bothers me. I can read about it. I just can't watch it, at least if I want a good nights sleep after.

Oh and speaking of Steven King. Many of his novels are favorites that I also love the movies. Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are absolute favorites of mine. But they aren't Horror stories either.

I'm a Stephen King fan too. Have been reading him since I was a teen. Have you read "The Dark Tower" series? If you haven't, you should. Some of his best work and you'd never guess it was him. The genre is more western, fantasy, steampunk. Just amazing.

Regarding horror movies.. hmm.. there's many. And the oldies 70's, 80's are the best I think. But then again, The Blair Witch Project scared the :poo: out of me too.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You can't beat 'Alien' or 'Jaws' or 'The Exorcist'...timeless classics!

There's a recent one, I think titled 'Orphan' about an American family
adopting a Russian orphan to join them & their existing family...chilling
and a HUGE surprise ending...very well done and very scary!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am a big chicken they petrify me and when the scary music comes on in a movie my hands automatically go and cover my eyes, I guess I have never grown up :ashamed:

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
Dont really like being scared, im a scaredy cat. But after reading a few people say Stephen King i do like the movie - Sometimes they come back. its a bit old but i watched it a few months ago and still like it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.