What are your Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The long holiday weekend is looming, so what's everybody going to be doing?
Will you be taking your bullies on a trip or just hanging at home?

I don't have big plans except for catching up on sleep!:babysleep: . It's been a really long and tiresome work week for me.
Saturday though, a friend and I will be taking a day trip to the nearby mountain town of Wrightwood, about 50 miles from where I live. They have an annual Memorial Weekend "garage sale", where the whole town sells their stuff! I can't wait to see what "treasures" (or junk) I come home with!:sarcastic:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No major plans.... sleep for me too. and sunday we are having some family over for a BBQ... then more sleep for me

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We happen to have a 4 day weekend!!! :2thumbs:, No real plans, just working around the house, doing some more landscaping and tomorrow having an electrician come over to add another ceiling fan in my living room. Monday probably spend it in the pool and have a little cook-out. I would LOVE to go to that garage sale with you, I love going, I have found many treasures. Joe and I both got in to it a couple of months ago. We have scored on some very cool artwork for cheap.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I would LOVE to go to that garage sale with you, I love going, I have found many treasures. Joe and I both got in to it a couple of months ago. We have scored on some very cool artwork for cheap.

i think that's what i'm going to look out for--some wall art, and of course, anything bulldog related! :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When is the Memorial day long weekend? We have a long weekend coming up here in Australia not sure if it all states thou but it is in Qld for the Queens Birthday weekend of the 8/9/10th of June and Richard and I are going to Brisbane to stay at the Marriott and do some shopping for my home renovations I will post some photos of Brisbane for every one to see what Brisbane is like.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We are going to have just awful weather this weekend ( it is 34f) right now, Fri. morning) so we will probably work on a couple inside projects... One is to remove the carpeting in this room.... Amelia has made us decide we need to remove the carpetting now, and refinish the hardwood floor once she is done using it for a piddle place ;)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We are going to have just awful weather this weekend ( it is 34f) right now, Fri. morning) so we will probably work on a couple inside projects... One is to remove the carpeting in this room.... Amelia has made us decide we need to remove the carpetting now, and refinish the hardwood floor once she is done using it for a piddle place ;)
Ahh.. the joys of puppy hood.. lol.. :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Ahh.. the joys of puppy hood.. lol.. :D

Actually, we have talked about doing this for years. I UNcarpetted our bedroom a few years ago and have been procrastinating on the rest of the house ever since. Amelia now has given us a reason to return to that project. This 60 year old house has wonderful hardwood under all the carpeting. :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We are heading down to the outer banks in NC for the week, Bacon is coming with us and will be enjoying the company of the wild horses that live in the area along with swimming in the bay.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
@Ftse 100, Memorial Day is this coming Monday (5/27). It's a day when the U.S. remembers those who served for our country and have passed on. It's also thought of as the unofficial start of summer here, though weather-wise in So Cal, it's been very mild and a little too cold for my taste! (mid 70's farenheit). I want the heat! :roasted:

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's the opening weekend for swimming pools and parades and ceremonies to remember fallen veterans. The beginning of summer too supposedly, we are 10 to 15 degrees F behind schedule especially this weekend, def not pool weather. 40's at night and 60's during daytime also raining, it's a staycation for us

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We're at the lake in Pueblo West. Today we're just chilling at the campsite which was a good idea because it's pretty windy out right now and the lake is quite choppy. I love just hanging out.....so much more relaxing. Tonight we're going to our favorite local Mexican restaurant place for dinner. Tomorrow bbq'n some hamburgers, making some guacamole and Sunday we'll have bbq'd chicken and corn on the cob roasted on the bbq too. :drool:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Cold here too, Bruce. I think we won't be doing a lot outside this weekend.

Most Reactions