New Restaurant Displaying M. Vick Jersey ! GRRR get Pens ready !

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hey all :) I posted a bit of this story yesterday on my Facebook page, and linked in EBN Facebook, but I thought I'd tell the story here, and I'm *HOPING* folks get their Pens, paper, Stamps, Emails etc ready, for GOOD or for BAD.

"Won One for the Dogs today ! (we hope!) Delaware's Newest Grotto's Pizza (Finally) opened last week in Dover DE, and Dottie and I were excited to go. Great place ! Fireplace, full bar, friendly staff....but WHAT is that on the wall?

Oh No.. a '#7 Autographed Eagles Jersey - Michael Vick'

So sad . . We seen a manager type person, we found out his Name was Anthony, we told him how much we enjoyed Grottos Pizza, however . . . the Vick Jersey had to go, as I pointed out my BULLDOG RESCUE Tee Shirt. I even said, 'heck ANYONE, McNabb, Kobb, or ANYONE else would be fine, I even said 'Heck a Cowboys Jersey even!' . At first, I dont think he took me too serious, and Dottie (gotta love my wfe) spoke up and said 'Yes, Quite sad that jersey would probably keep us from returning' Anthony was trying to be gracious, and tried to explain, "Well we are in Eagles country, and Vick is their Quarterback" I think my look said it all, it was basically 'I dont care the reasoning, I support dog rescues, and Michael Vick is convicted of Animal abuse' He said that we could contact his manager, and I said 'Great ! what's his name and phone number' At this point, the light went off in Anthony's head (I think) he then excused himself, and we left it as that 'Oh well, we'll eat our pizza, but just wont come back'. . .

About 10 minutes later Anthony returned, (which surprised us) and said he just got off of the phone with Corporate, and that the Jersey would be removed within the week. I guess Dottie and I will be returning next week . . . . . to see.... will we be returning patrons? or were we just patronized?"

So what I am going to ask of my EBN friends and family, is to get your pens, paper, stamps, keyboards, etc ready, because if they Don't remove the jersey, I would *LOVE* to flood their corporate offices with COMPLAINTS from all over the world, HOWEVER, if they DO remove it (as the manager said they would) I would *LOVE* to flood their corporate offices with COMPLIMENTS and Support from all over the world. So either way, my EBN family, ya all are on the hook for a Letter :)

I will post an update and let you all know which way to go ! OK ?!?!?!?!

:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work Rick and Dottie!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Wow! This story is amazing! Kudos to both of you for showing them spunk!! Vick should have been banned from football forever. There is NO excuse for what he did, and I too would boycott ANYTHING remotely associated with him. Way to go!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.