Let's Tell A Secret A good one......

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Ok I was expecting scandalous secrets lol so after reading everyone's I had to re-think mine...I've often wondered if I've ever touched someone's life without knowing it or left an impression or a positive influence with strangers well one memory stays with me and I'll share it now...They say people come into your life for 'a reason', 'a season' or 'a lifetime' and this one was a reason for sure but not for me for him. I was at a gay bar with friends one night about 3 - 4 yrs ago maybe longer and this young guy started talking to me (it was a very friendly atmosphere) he shared his story about his boyfriend and then about how his family had thrown him out because he was gay. He was very hurt and I wondered how he could share something so intimate with a stranger like me? I could tell he needed to talk so I listened and then I wasn't sure how to respond so I told him you need to start keeping a journal and all your feelings should go there...joy, pain, frustration, anger, all of it. I also suggested writing letters in that journal to his family expressing his feelings even though he may never send the letters it had to be done and it would help him cope. He agreed to try it and I worried about him hoping that I might have helped him in some small way. Well about a week or 2 later I ran into him again and he recognized me and came up to me looking so much happier than before...and he tells me that he must thank me because he started his journal and it has been very helpful to him. He hugged me with such joy and it was then that I knew what that saying meant. I was put in his path for 'a reason'. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.