Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Tell A Secret A good one......

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Let's Tell A Secret A good one......

Such wonderful stories from people I'm so proud to be here with.

We have a local lady, that is mentally disabled. She lives by herself in a special condo arrangement. Everyone in our city knows her. You see, she has a 17 year old cat that she pushes around everywhere in a stroller. People watch out for her. We all worry for the day she loses Cleo..her cat. She happens to go to my vet and they let her run up a small tab. I was there a few weeks ago and she was in paying $3 on her tab. Her poor kitty was very sick and she was wanting a blood test done that was $150.00. I sat there and just decided, I would pay for the test. When they took me into the exam room, I told the tech, I would like to make a donation on her bill. When, we were finished and went out to settle up, I paid for my vet bill and told the gal, I wanted to pay some towards Cleo, but anonymously. She was so thankful and when I said $200 she started to cry. She said this would pay off Cleo's bill and get her needed blood work. I left feeling like..I made a difference in someone's life today.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I always knew EBN'rs were special people what a great thread, I really can't think what I have done as wonderful as the above stories I did help a boy once a friend of my sons I think they were around 14 at the time and there was no mother and the father was very abusive towards the two children and I did arrange help for the boy and his sibling to get.

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

What truly heart touching stories you have shared. Thank you for starting my day in such a positive way!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ok I was expecting scandalous secrets lol so after reading everyone's I had to re-think mine...I've often wondered if I've ever touched someone's life without knowing it or left an impression or a positive influence with strangers well one memory stays with me and I'll share it now...They say people come into your life for 'a reason', 'a season' or 'a lifetime' and this one was a reason for sure but not for me for him. I was at a gay bar with friends one night about 3 - 4 yrs ago maybe longer and this young guy started talking to me (it was a very friendly atmosphere) he shared his story about his boyfriend and then about how his family had thrown him out because he was gay. He was very hurt and I wondered how he could share something so intimate with a stranger like me? I could tell he needed to talk so I listened and then I wasn't sure how to respond so I told him you need to start keeping a journal and all your feelings should go there...joy, pain, frustration, anger, all of it. I also suggested writing letters in that journal to his family expressing his feelings even though he may never send the letters it had to be done and it would help him cope. He agreed to try it and I worried about him hoping that I might have helped him in some small way. Well about a week or 2 later I ran into him again and he recognized me and came up to me looking so much happier than before...and he tells me that he must thank me because he started his journal and it has been very helpful to him. He hugged me with such joy and it was then that I knew what that saying meant. I was put in his path for 'a reason'.

Cheerio mates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads