What movie defined your generation?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My bf and I recently watched American Pie Reunion and made this face :w00t: when we were reminded that the main characters were the graduating class of 1999 ... our year. With both horror and delight, we finally accepted that this was the movie of our generation. You gotta admit, the series has an innocent undertone despite its over zealous theme.

The other is the Fast and the Furious series. I think the first one came out the year we were allowed to drive without supervision.

What was the movie of your gen? Try to name a serious and funny one ... the more embarrassing the better. :wink:

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

oh dear.....The Breakfast Club was released the year I left school.
and funnily enough Pretty in Pink the follow up movie was the year I left home. :eek:

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
LOL good thread!
Well, Silence of the Lambs coincided with university, and sort of put me (and countless others) on that sort of CSI-y type academic track, but I would have to say that the movie "Singles" captured my generation. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but the attitudes, lifestyle and the music...that whole "grunge" scene was pretty spot-on. (And now you know my age! hahahahahahaha!)

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Children. :) The Beatles Help was released the year I graduated high school. A few years later The Graduate (Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft) took the mantle for college coming of age and finely, thrown in there for definitive, far out fun was Yellow Submarine. I left home shortly thereafter.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=5605]Momma2Bullies[/MENTION] Glad you said "Singles".
I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't a great movie, but I loved all the bands from Seattle back in the day, and was part of that whole "plaid" movement. Yeah, I think "Singles" is fitting of that generation.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] I have to agree with you. That is the first movie that popped in my mind. I graduated in '92 so although I think Breakfast Club & Pretty in Pink was a bit before that year, those both came to mind. (great thread by the way!)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Jaws & The Exorcist and funny & touching...American Graffiti...1973

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Hmm.....Rain Main, Pretty Woman & Silence of the Lambs.........all very different and probably came within a 2 year or so period.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't remember much about high school. I graduated in 82, most of from 78 on is a cloudy, hazy fog :drag: I CAN tell you that we petitioned for The Who's song "Teenage Wasteland" to be our class song. We lost :laugh:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
"Fast Times at Ridgemong High", "The Breakfast Club", "Risky Business", and "Back To The Future"

the more serious movies, "Ordinary People" and "Taps".

What memories!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Me too, Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Having pizza delivered in the middle of class was a crack up.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Saint Elmo's Fire and Ferris Bueller's Day Off pretty much sums up my generation.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
When actually in Highschool I never went to movies at all. But shortly after graduation my best friend and I got to go a lot because her sister got a job at the theatre and she got free tickets. I think we saw A Star is Born a dozen times.

I also learned from The Exorcist that I do not do well with any horror flicks and I have avoided them ever since.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.