Howdy Ya'll...been away for the weekend but now I'm "Back in Black!"

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hello ya'll. Goin through EBN withdrawal right about now, let me tell ya, it "ain't purdy".
Had a great time in Gettysburg, got some deals at the Coach outlet (we will be back!) and 2 days and $241 later, stayed in a hotel with spotty internet...WTF?

Glad to be back and I used 3, yes *3* cameras to take pictures with at night so I gotta go through my "evidence" and see if I got any ghost pics...stay tuned boys & girls.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How fun! I've never visited Gettysburg but have heard of many ghostly sightings there. Glad you had a great time!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Was wondering where you were....gladyou had a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION] Love Gettysburg. Was there last year and we had a great time. There's a home made ice cream place there that my hubs swears has the best Cherry ice cream "EVER".

Did you take Mona with you? If so, what hotel did you stay in? We were looking for a hotel that takes pets but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] Um...now you tell me about the ice cream place? really? I'm a nut about ice cream.....now I have to go back again just to go there. HAHAHAHA
Yes, Mona was with us. We don't go anywhere on vacation without her. We stayed about 10 mins from the battle ground at a Super 8, I think it's the only one in Gettysburg. It was 1/2 a mile from the Majestic theater where Lily Tomlin was performing - that's mainly why we chose it. Pets are an extra $10 a night but I have to say, paying $241 (with the pet fee) for two nights was REALLY expensive in my book. The hotel was beautiful and the room was very spacious. The walls and ceilings, however, were paper thin. The first night we had to complain about the 70 lbs kid upstairs who insisted on walking heavy on his heels and jumping around in the room. Then the 2nd night we had chatty Kathy in the room next to us who was talking until well after midnight. We finally put ear plugs in and went to bed.

Does this help at all? We found several pet friendly hotels but I think because it was the beginning of the tourist season they can charge more. BTW, what's the name of the ice cream place?

(edited to fix the @ sign)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION] Thanks for the motel info.
Chris thinks it's Kilwin's Chocolate Fudge and Ice cream on Steinwehr Ave. Thing is, there's 2 ice cream places on this block, but it's the one closest to the fork of Steinwehr Ave. and Baltimore St. So if you're facing the street in between both places, it's the one to the left of you. We're planning on going back the first weekend in June.

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I want ice cream now! Bring some down to Vineland after your trip, will ya? :2thumbs:

Most Reactions