Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Camping trailer help?

  1. #1
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Camping trailer help?

    Ok, next year we r buying a new trailer so I am shopping around and researching like mad. I am a thorough shopper. I need a lightweight trailer (around 4000 dry weight) that is big enough for the growing family. Have looked at the expandable trailers and LOVE them. We are n a tent trailer now so that is the natural next step plus you get more bang for the weight. I am also shopping regular light weight trailers just keeping all options open.... I came across r-vision trailers which r amazingly light which led me to think too good to be true.... I found some reviews n them that weren't so pleasant so I think they r out. I am curious what everyone's fav or least fav brands/trailers r. I know they r all made cheaply and will have problems no matter what but would like the least problems I can get. Lol

  2. #2
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    We had a Trail Bay and loved it! Had big slide out..queen size rear walk around bed.. Nice bathtub and shower.. Towed it with our Tahoe fully loaded with no problems. I'm pretty sure Trail Bay is an R Vision. We have good friends who bought it and its never given anyone trouble!

  3. #3
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    We had a Trail Bay and loved it! Had big slide out..queen size rear walk around bed.. Nice bathtub and shower.. Towed it with our Tahoe fully loaded with no problems. I'm pretty sure Trail Bay is an R Vision. We have good friends who bought it and its never given anyone trouble!
    That is good to know! I had seen reviews saying the floors got soft and the tires wear quickly the way the axle or whatever is and the slide out broke and customer service was bad. Scared me. I will keep them in mind when we go looking...
    Reason I need really light isn't so much cuz I worry about the truck being able to tow but the mountain road we take camping is EXTREMELY steep (I think 15% grade) and it does a lot of wear on vehicles and brakes too. Many have overheated going down too quickly and crashed. Have to crawl down in low gears but lots of people try and rush it. PLUS our truck is an automatic so I am trying to keep the transmission alive as long as possible. Lol poor baby is 13 years old as it is, my gawd! Good thing I don't drive it very often.

  4. #4
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    agingermom's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,255
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    555

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    WE have a 22ft Fleetwood flair A class (the shortest A class available). WE love it!! And the price was the best since it was a 1990 babied moho, $6000!! Happy hunting.


    I'm a good girl, I promise

  5. #5
    Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    We have a 28ft Starcraft Autumn Ridge. I think its the 289BHS... Anyways. 2 double bunks both hold 600lbs. Queen in the front super sturdy and well made. We love it. It sleeps 10... Small people lol. 4 double beds and 1 queen. We say it sleeps 6. Drawback for you is it's over 6000lbs. We pull it with My Dodge 2500 Deisel with no issues.

  6. #6
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaTruck28 View Post
    We have a 28ft Starcraft Autumn Ridge. I think its the 289BHS... Anyways. 2 double bunks both hold 600lbs. Queen in the front super sturdy and well made. We love it. It sleeps 10... Small people lol. 4 double beds and 1 queen. We say it sleeps 6. Drawback for you is it's over 6000lbs. We pull it with My Dodge 2500 Deisel with no issues.
    that would be my dream trailer, if I had a bigger truck with a stick. Mine is a Chevy 2500 but automatic. I have heard you can't even buy a stick in California anymore now.

  7. #7
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    that would be my dream trailer, if I had a bigger truck with a stick. Mine is a Chevy 2500 but automatic. I have heard you can't even buy a stick in California anymore now.

    Well..that's not true! Our neighbor almost just bought a brand new one..but he says he came to his senses..lol... But why do you want a stick?

  8. #8
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..that's not true! Our neighbor almost just bought a brand new one..but he says he came to his senses..lol... But why do you want a stick?
    Well I personally don't cuz I hate sticks and am sure I would never tow if I had a stick. Hubby would be in charge of driving officially then. I just hate having to worry about transmission. Mine is still strong now but once we get a bigger trailer it is a matter of time I am sure. Especially if I drive cuz I have a hard time taking it easy on the poor truck. Lol! Someone told me they r getting rid of sticks here cuz of emissions. Maybe they were wrong or maybe it hasn't gone into effect? I certainly don't wanna be shopping for trucks for many years cuz replacing ours would cost a fortune. Lol prices r SOOOO much higher today for them than when i got mine.

  9. #9
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Well I personally don't cuz I hate sticks and am sure I would never tow if I had a stick. Hubby would be in charge of driving officially then. I just hate having to worry about transmission. Mine is still strong now but once we get a bigger trailer it is a matter of time I am sure. Especially if I drive cuz I have a hard time taking it easy on the poor truck. Lol! Someone told me they r getting rid of sticks here cuz of emissions. Maybe they were wrong or maybe it hasn't gone into effect? I certainly don't wanna be shopping for trucks for many years cuz replacing ours would cost a fortune. Lol prices r SOOOO much higher today for them than when i got mine.

    I know..trucks are beaucoup bucks! All cars are really! I don't think a manual transmission effects emissions ...that's engine stuff...lol...and I think someone is full of baloney! when I win the lottery..I will put you on my list Jenn

    Let's see...so far
    Move Angie and family here
    Set Lari up in new business
    millions to Rescues....
    my huge farm for stray animals
    new truck for Jenn

  10. #10
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I know..trucks are beaucoup bucks! All cars are really! I don't think a manual transmission effects emissions ...that's engine stuff...lol...and I think someone is full of baloney! when I win the lottery..I will put you on my list Jenn

    Let's see...so far
    Move Angie and family here
    Set Lari up in new business
    millions to Rescues....
    my huge farm for stray animals
    new truck for Jenn
    I like being on your list! while we r at it, can we move Bruce and lari here too? Lol

  11. #11
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I like being on your list! while we r at it, can we move Bruce and lari here too? Lol

    Good Point! Do they get a choice?

  12. #12
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Camping trailer help?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Good Point! Do they get a choice?
    No choice.
    just looked at ford site and no stick shifts appear available to order when you go to build your truck. Maybe it is a ford thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •