Camping trailer help?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok, next year we r buying a new trailer so I am shopping around and researching like mad. I am a thorough shopper. :lol: I need a lightweight trailer (around 4000 dry weight) that is big enough for the growing family. Have looked at the expandable trailers and LOVE them. We are n a tent trailer now so that is the natural next step plus you get more bang for the weight. I am also shopping regular light weight trailers just keeping all options open.... I came across r-vision trailers which r amazingly light which led me to think too good to be true.... I found some reviews n them that weren't so pleasant so I think they r out. I am curious what everyone's fav or least fav brands/trailers r. I know they r all made cheaply and will have problems no matter what but would like the least problems I can get. Lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We had a Trail Bay and loved it! Had big slide out..queen size rear walk around bed.. Nice bathtub and shower.. Towed it with our Tahoe fully loaded with no problems. I'm pretty sure Trail Bay is an R Vision. We have good friends who bought it and its never given anyone trouble!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
We had a Trail Bay and loved it! Had big slide out..queen size rear walk around bed.. Nice bathtub and shower.. Towed it with our Tahoe fully loaded with no problems. I'm pretty sure Trail Bay is an R Vision. We have good friends who bought it and its never given anyone trouble!
That is good to know! I had seen reviews saying the floors got soft and the tires wear quickly the way the axle or whatever is and the slide out broke and customer service was bad. Scared me. I will keep them in mind when we go looking...
Reason I need really light isn't so much cuz I worry about the truck being able to tow but the mountain road we take camping is EXTREMELY steep (I think 15% grade) and it does a lot of wear on vehicles and brakes too. Many have overheated going down too quickly and crashed. Have to crawl down in low gears but lots of people try and rush it. PLUS our truck is an automatic so I am trying to keep the transmission alive as long as possible. Lol poor baby is 13 years old as it is, my gawd! Good thing I don't drive it very often.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
WE have a 22ft Fleetwood flair A class (the shortest A class available). WE love it!! And the price was the best since it was a 1990 babied moho, $6000!! Happy hunting.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We have a 28ft Starcraft Autumn Ridge. I think its the 289BHS... Anyways. 2 double bunks both hold 600lbs. Queen in the front super sturdy and well made. We love it. It sleeps 10... Small people lol. 4 double beds and 1 queen. We say it sleeps 6. Drawback for you is it's over 6000lbs. We pull it with My Dodge 2500 Deisel with no issues.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
We have a 28ft Starcraft Autumn Ridge. I think its the 289BHS... Anyways. 2 double bunks both hold 600lbs. Queen in the front super sturdy and well made. We love it. It sleeps 10... Small people lol. 4 double beds and 1 queen. We say it sleeps 6. Drawback for you is it's over 6000lbs. We pull it with My Dodge 2500 Deisel with no issues.
that would be my dream trailer, if I had a bigger truck with a stick. Mine is a Chevy 2500 but automatic. I have heard you can't even buy a stick in California anymore now.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
that would be my dream trailer, if I had a bigger truck with a stick. Mine is a Chevy 2500 but automatic. I have heard you can't even buy a stick in California anymore now.

Well..that's not true! Our neighbor almost just bought a brand new one..but he says he came to his senses..lol... But why do you want a stick?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Well..that's not true! Our neighbor almost just bought a brand new one..but he says he came to his senses..lol... But why do you want a stick?
Well I personally don't cuz I hate sticks and am sure I would never tow if I had a stick. Hubby would be in charge of driving officially then. I just hate having to worry about transmission. Mine is still strong now but once we get a bigger trailer it is a matter of time I am sure. Especially if I drive cuz I have a hard time taking it easy on the poor truck. Lol! Someone told me they r getting rid of sticks here cuz of emissions. Maybe they were wrong or maybe it hasn't gone into effect? I certainly don't wanna be shopping for trucks for many years cuz replacing ours would cost a fortune. Lol prices r SOOOO much higher today for them than when i got mine.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well I personally don't cuz I hate sticks and am sure I would never tow if I had a stick. Hubby would be in charge of driving officially then. I just hate having to worry about transmission. Mine is still strong now but once we get a bigger trailer it is a matter of time I am sure. Especially if I drive cuz I have a hard time taking it easy on the poor truck. Lol! Someone told me they r getting rid of sticks here cuz of emissions. Maybe they were wrong or maybe it hasn't gone into effect? I certainly don't wanna be shopping for trucks for many years cuz replacing ours would cost a fortune. Lol prices r SOOOO much higher today for them than when i got mine.

I know..trucks are beaucoup bucks! All cars are really! I don't think a manual transmission effects emissions ...that's engine stuff...lol...and I think someone is full of baloney! :ROFL: when I win the lottery..I will put you on my list Jenn

:hmm: Let's see...so far
Move Angie and family here
Set Lari up in new business
millions to Rescues....
my huge farm for stray animals
new truck for Jenn

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I know..trucks are beaucoup bucks! All cars are really! I don't think a manual transmission effects emissions ...that's engine stuff...lol...and I think someone is full of baloney! :ROFL: when I win the lottery..I will put you on my list Jenn

:hmm: Let's see...so far
Move Angie and family here
Set Lari up in new business
millions to Rescues....
my huge farm for stray animals
new truck for Jenn

I like being on your list! ;) while we r at it, can we move Bruce and lari here too? Lol

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka

Ours is auto. But has an integrated jake brake and trailer brake. Pulls really well and holds everything back on inclines really well. We travel thru the mountain passes between BC and AB up here in Canada with no issues

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.