Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default phone upgrade

ok so ive been able to upgrade my phone for a while now but have been waiting as the phone i have now works fine but i hate it. i have a htc incredible 2. so ive been looking at the samsung galaxy s3 for a bit now as my bf has one. well now the s4 is out the s3 price has gone down. so do i get the s3 for the lower price or spring for the brand new s4? im on verizon and the s4 will be available at the end of this month. not sure its worth the extra 100 dollars or so. thoughts?

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: phone upgrade

It depends. I'm the type that would get annoyed if I got a new phone, then a few weeks later a newer model of it came out. Not so much about the features, just a mental thing with me..lol.
    But if you're ok with it, and the new model doesn't have anything extra you want, then save yourself the money and go with the S3.

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Are they both 4G capable? Do you want a bigger screen and will the new one have it? The newer one probably has a faster processor and possibly more RAM. Which will has the bigger battery? do either have a removable battery? If it does, you may be able to put a larger capacity one in. Here's a comparison of the 2.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/devicesController/viewCompareDevices.do?item=phoneFirst

By the way, did you know that if you currently have unlimited data on your plan and want to get a Verizon Phone at the 2 year contract price, you'll loose the unlimited and have to go to the 2 GB cap? The only way you can keep the unlimited data is to pay full price for the new phone.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    Are they both 4G capable? Do you want a bigger screen and will the new one have it? The newer one probably has a faster processor and possibly more RAM. Which will has the bigger battery? do either have a removable battery? If it does, you may be able to put a larger capacity one in. Here's a comparison of the 2.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/devicesController/viewCompareDevices.do?item=phoneFirst

By the way, did you know that if you currently have unlimited data on your plan and want to get a Verizon Phone at the 2 year contract price, you'll loose the unlimited and have to go to the 2 GB cap? The only way you can keep the unlimited data is to pay full price for the new phone.
    yes ive checked the specs out on both phones on verizon site and other sites as well the specs are better on the s4. yes both 4g and yes faster processor more ram bigger battery and yes they are both removable. just wonder is what is new worth the extra money? yes i know ill lose my unlimited data but i use less than 1 gb per month so not that big of a deal to me. actually ill come out 10 dollars ahead that way.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 05-08-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post

now what

Lucy-licious

lol...if you had gotten the S3 ages ago when you were first looking to upgrade we wouldnt be having this coversation thats why Becky is :banghead:

But since we are..my vote would be for the S4 I would always get the latest model of anything...although Chris has the S3 and is simply waiting for the data upgrade that will make it the same as the S4 anyway

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If you're going to upgrade then really upgrade and go for the latest and greatest! No holding back!

Cheerio mates!

Bully Bootie Duty My kids have 4 paws's Avatar
    Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus and Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NigelsMom View Post
    If you're going to upgrade then really upgrade and go for the latest and greatest! No holding back!
    Yep I agree!

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

oh good grief woman just go get a new phone

What are you going to use your phone for? There are some cutesy features on the G4 but unless you plan on playing Crysis or Planetside you don't need quad core on a phone. CPU intensive games like that aren't optimized to use that many threads anyway. Are you going to do video editing? Are you going to actually use the IR blaster to control your tv? If all you are going to use your phone for is phone calls, putting up with my complaining in text messages, Facebook and EBN then save yourself some money and get the G3.

Here is the techcrunch comparison of the 2 phones. Both are rated basically the same with the G3 scoring higher for battery life.

http://smartphones.techcrunch.com/co...sung-Galaxy-S4

Get the phone you will use and forget the fancy features if you don't plan on using them. You could get a phone in beta and the day it is released to the public it will already be outdated. True story

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

I have the S4 and love it! Granted I went from the S2 to the S4 so it was a big jump. The camera is 13 mp I believe which is almost better than my expensive digital camera. It takes video in 1080p instead of 720 like the S3. Other than that I am not sure what the other differences are but I absolutely love mine. The camera is really fast which makes taking pictures of bulldogs easy!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I can't help because I am on the "dark side" --a true iPhone junkie. However I always want the latest and greatest!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads