ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Today at work a young bald eagle perched on a tree 5 feet from my window. It was magnificent, sitting there preening his feathers and hunting in the creek. I could only get a bad picture with my camera. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367462673.138344.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367462690.494803.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Don't you just love it when you stop to enjoy these things?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh that is nice. I love things like that to. Nothing like a bit of nature at work.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] .... check this out! The nest is in Fort Meyers FLA, right now it is video from theis bast nesting season when the babies were in the nest... they leave sometime in April/May and return in October.

http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Today at work a young bald eagle perched on a tree 5 feet from my window. It was magnificent, sitting there preening his feathers and hunting in the creek. I could only get a bad picture with my camera. View attachment 41735View attachment 41736

I am SUCH a maniac birder!!! Seeing Bald Eagles just "around" never gets old for me. I don't care if they ARE off the endangered species list, I still get a Woodland Woodie everytime I see one. I drive to Monroe WA for work; a small town (not as small as it used to be) at the foot of the Cascades. I always see something on my way to or from work. This morning, the daylight was just coming over the mountains and I caught the silhouette of something HUGE sitting on top of the power pole. Yep: our friend the Bald Eagle was hanging out, probably surveying the fields for a morning meal. I never ever ever get sick of seeing birds of prey -- well any bird, pretty much. Yesterday, I was watching some English Sparrows (not even a native bird) playing around in a rhododendron. I surmised that there has to be a nest somewhere nearby because I see them every single day when I'm out smoking at work.

Lilacs in Bloom Outside A Crowded Coop.jpg <== speaking of work, look what's blooming outside the back door! That's my shadow, taking the picture! It's heavenly to go out there and get a snoot full (yes, while I am smoking cigarettes but I don't care).

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It is wonderful when you can see something in nature, especially when they are rare. I live behind a nature trail that has the Credit River running through it, and there is a lot of wildlife living in my area, we have a Heron, an Egret, we see deer, raccoons, skunks, and every once in a while, we see a Falcon or an Eagle, or some rarer smaller birds that have different markings or colours than what we normally see. It always amazes me when I see such beautiful animals and birds in my area as we live in the city, yet we have these little pockets of forest or river areas and wildlife live in these areas in the middle of the city.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We are all hoping he decides to make this his hunting ground. I'd love to see him perched outside my window when he's fully grown. Lord knows, we have enough critters on campus to keep him well fed. We have snakes, mice, lizards, muskrats, raccoons, etc. There are occasionally students out there, but it's not a major thoroughfare.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wonderful! We see bald eagles near our mountain place..it's a big habitat for them and the rise in their numbers is much celebrated! We have lots of wildlife where we live though. It never gets old. :hmm: Well maybe a wee bit, when I see kitty parts on the hiking trail ..:eek: or a hawk flying over with dinner in his claws..:(

But..I tell myself it's nature...Beautiful and harsh all at once!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Wow, It would be awesome to see something like that out the window. But I work in a building that is 3 floors of windows. All of the offices have a full wall that is completely windows, but lowly me gets stuck in a cubicle on the inside of the building with nary a view in sight.
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] your flowers and such are way further along than ours. Ours are just starting to bud out the leaves. it will be at least a month before we see any flowers I'm thinking. But the forsythia bushes have turned yellow just this week.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.