Want to hear something disgusting .......

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You may or may not remember, that about 10 days ago we got a baby boy bullie from rescue - Daddy Blue. They had saved him, and his brother and sister, from a puppy mill. After we'd had him for 3-4 days we noticed his diahorrea getting worse, and then the vet called with the results of his poop sample to let us know that he had tested positive for giardia.

Well.......... on Thursday I felt a little queasy, and then on Friday became increasingly ill and got worse throughout the weekend. I didn't actually leave my bed from about noon on Friday until this morning! Finally hubby took me to the ER this morning because the pain was now unbearable......AND YEP .... they're treating me for GIARDIA too!!! :eek::crazy::*(

I don't think I have ever been so physically ill in the last three days throughout my entire life!!! It has been the most disgusting and painful weekend of my life! :blah:

They started me with a double dose of antibiotics this morning, and I've had another dose at lunch and right now I am able to sit and stand and move once again like a normal person. I've even been able to step out of a 3' radius of a toilet. Yay!!! :up:

I can only think that when we brought the puppy home he did smell a lot of poop, and it was me holding him in the car home. I do admit to the occasional kiss :eek:

So that is my disgusting story ............ just thought I'd share! :cool:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
ewwwwwwwwwwww!!! Glad to hear you are on the mend now......... Poooooooor pup! Is he getting better as well?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Awwe! :down: Thats awful. Antibiotics will definately help and you should feel better real soon! One of the nurses I work with, her golden lab had it as well and her whole family got it (including herself, husband and 2 sons), it was awful for her! Get better soon! (hug)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG I cannot even imagine what that is like.... seeing one of our dogs get it..... never even occurred to me that we could get it too. I sure hope you are back to 100% in no time.... :heart:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Oh no, I would never have thought that could be passed... I hope you two feel better

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Oh man.... the things we do for (or in this case... with) our dogs!(hug) I'm glad your on the mend.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.