Drums or Flats? Hot, medium or mild?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I'm still trying to figure out what "flats" are.
And no, I don't eat anything but chicken breast, don't like the taste of dark meat at all.

edited to add: @cali~jenn Hahaha...that's me, too! I won't eat chicken off the bone. If we buy a roaster it's Linnet's job to pull the chicken off...Yuck
drives me crazy, he doesn't even appreciate ribs which were a family tradition growing up. Sad sad..... Lol

The wings r actually white meat. On the wing there are sections, one that looks like a tiny drum stick and one that is flat shaped. Let me find a picture.....
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 38

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Thanks for the pictures, however, I'll pass. If it's not white meat breast and off the bone, I ain't eatin it. And I don't do ribs either. HAHAHA
So lets just play it safe and say anything that is on a bone, I won't eat. With ribs its not just that their on the bone, its the taste AND your get so messy eating them. I can't stand mess on my fingers.
One time when I was back home visiting my cousins they ate ribs and when we were leaving wanted to hug me goodbye. I said, not without washing your hands, first! Don't get that mess on me bucko!

Edited to add:

I don't eat the skin, either. I'm a very picky eater but you can't tell that by looking at me. LOL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
@cali~jenn Thanks for the pictures, however, I'll pass. If it's not white meat breast and off the bone, I ain't eatin it. And I don't do ribs either. HAHAHA
So lets just play it safe and say anything that is on a bone, I won't eat. With ribs its not just that their on the bone, its the taste AND your get so messy eating them. I can't stand mess on my fingers.
One time when I was back home visiting my cousins they ate ribs and when we were leaving wanted to hug me goodbye. I said, not without washing your hands, first! Don't get that mess on me bucko!

Edited to add:

I don't eat the skin, either. I'm a very picky eater but you can't tell that by looking at me. LOL
with hubby it s all the mess he hates. Not a picky eater, just hates working for his food I think. :lol: he prefers boneless crispy tenders in wing sauce, which is also yummy but not the same.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] you are too cute! Did drum shoes come up with brakes for a car?
I have a friend in the UK who I met on a boxer website, we've kept in touch on FB. After all these years I'm still asking her what she means when she types certain things. Its so funny that we both speak English but the slang is something else entirely.

Edited to fix the @

L

Lucy-licious

@Lucy-licious you are too cute! Did drum shoes come up with brakes for a car?
I have a friend in the UK who I met on a boxer website, we've kept in touch on FB. After all these years I'm still asking her what she means when she types certain things. Its so funny that we both speak English but the slang is something else entirely.

Edited to fix the @

Lol...wel you guys have your own form of English :D thank God cos it sure makes me giggle sometimes :hug:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
OOOHHH I love chicken wings and I'll eat both drums and flats (never heard them called that before lol) they are the actual wing part.
I like them with ranch dressing and mild for me and sometimes i'll just bypass the sauce thing and eat them naked!
I'm disappointed in some of them lately though - not meaty enough!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] hahahahaha, well, its certainly not the "King's English" up here in Yankee territory, now is it? But in the south...well...we try.

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Flats & Mild. Bleu Cheese please.

When I moved to GA, I noticed that there were so many wing places around. I thought it was odd and didn't understand it. Now that I've been here 5 years, I can say going to get wings is about a 2-3x's a month thing.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Drums? Flats? WTF?! I've never heard those terms for wings lol!! I like buffalo with blue cheese.... and I like them wicked hot!! :)

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Drums? Flats? WTF?! I've never heard those terms for wings lol!! I like buffalo with blue cheese.... and I like them wicked hot!! :)

Drums are the ones that look like the stick part of the leg and Flats are like the actual "wing". I didn't hear the terms until I moved to GA. Lol

Members online

No members online now.