Fostering Dogs for Military Personnel

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
http://dogsondeployment.org

I was just fondly thinking back on some of the dogs my family has fostered in the past. By far my favorite and the most rewarding was when we fostered an American Bulldog named Lexi. Honestly I would have kept her if the choice was ours but we were just fostering while her daddy was on deployment. All this is leading to a point...I promise ;)
I ran across a program called "Dogs on Deployment" if anybody wants to start fostering, that sounded like a great way to do it. Basically you make a profile and tell about yourself and what you are willing to foster and service personnel can browse it and contact you if they feel you are the right fit.

It's a good drop in the karma bucket I think. I didn't post a link because I don't want to break any rules but you can search "Dogs on Deployment" and the webpage will pop right up. The weather is getting nicer and I think it's a perfect time to open your home and heart to a dog in need, be it for service people or any rescue, shelter, etc...

End PSA :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have heard of this a couple years ago, a friend of mine was fostering for a serviceman's dog :2thumbs: what a great way to help someone. thank you for bringing this up

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Wonderful information, thank you for posting it!

rksuski

Jul 2, 2012
Madison, Wi
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Thank you for this great source,,,,I never knew about it! Will definitely consider joining and will spread the word :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That sounds great! You can post the link I give you permission!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.