Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Heart broken

Please keep my daughter and her family in your prayers. She and her husband separated last night after a very stormy relationship. He is a recovering alcoholic and is possibly bi-polar, but refuses to go for medical treatment.We love him like our own son, but have been very frustrated over the years with his sometimes bizarre behavior. When he overdrew their account 2 days after payday for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, and couldn't tell her where the money went, she decided she's had enough. They have a 4-year-old son, who is the light of my life. My heart is breaking.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Heart broken

:hug;.... so sorry, Chris! I pray for you all to have the strength to make it through this rough time.... we are here so vent all you need to
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear of the trouble. But sometimes moving on is the only way to go. I hope the process isn't too painful for your daughter or grandson.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh no im sorry to hear this. just went through this with someone close who was married to a bi/polar person. i just hope it doesnt get really bad n that things can work out for the child and all involved. will be praying very hard.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear this. Mental illness is hard enough to deal with but when someone refuses treatment, it can be devastating. We're here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to read this, I wish the best for all and hope he can turn himself around.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Robin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergie
    Likes (Received)

So sorry..🙏sending up prayers🙏

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Yes, dear Chris, like the others, I will pray for all concerned.

It's so very difficult in the thick of the storm to see the way.

My heart hurts for you & Hubby and for your daughter, SIL
    & their son...so much hurt, confusion & frustration.

Sending you hugs, wish I was there to give it in person.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I'm so sorry your daughter and your family are having to go through this, it must be heartbreaking. We always hurt when our children hurt, no matter how old they are, and as a parent we never stop worrying about them. It's even harder I think when it's a daughter, not that we don't worry about our sons, but somehow we look at our daughters as our little girls, also there is a small child involved, so makes it even harder. I have a daughter and we have a 5 year old grandson, and he is also the love of our life, we look after him about 45 hours a week, and he is definetely our labor of love. I also have an adult son, who has learning disabilities, and 5 years ago got diagnosed with bi-polar, we are lucky that he takes his medication, and has been stable since his diagnosis. It is possible to live a normal,productive life with bi- polar, but it is difficult sometimes to deal with the ups and downs of moods, and when he is manic he doesn't need a lot of sleep, tends to talk a lot, and sometimes spends a lot of money, and then when he's down he gets depressed and sometimes can be argumentive. He is a really loving person, with a great big heart and love for his family, and so it is really hard to see him deal with this, and you sometimes feel sad, but we deal with it as a family. Would your son in law be willing to go to a doctor and be diagnosed?, and if he is bi-polar would he take medications? Maybe with treatment and medication and with counselling he can cope with it, and maybe your daughter and him can work things out. I know it's hard to watch as your kids go through rough times, hopefully things workout for your daughter, and with your love and support she'll make it through it no matter what happens. I hope for the best for your daughter and your grandson. We are here to listen to you, and to vent, take care and try not to worry too much. Take care Hun and we are here for you if you need to talk.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

I was married 12 years to a recovering alcoholic bi polar partner. When he was manic our lives were in turmoil and when he was in deep depression his irritability made him cruel. I was determined to make it work, went to counselling with him for years. Even my minister quietly suggested I leave after trying so hard for so many years. I believed in my vow of "through sickness and health". I hid it from every one including family because I was so ashamed. I thought if I just tried hard enough I could make him better. He would stop taking his meds because he loved the high of his mania. I finally left and told my mom and my friends. They were shocked. I had hidden it from everyone so well for 12 years.

So my heart goes out to you and your daughter. Mental illness is a brutal curse that affects everyone. He has since remarried and is stable on meds and doing much better. He needed to mature and make peace with himself and the world. I wish him nothing but happiness. And I remarried the most wonderful man -comfortable in his own skin, loving and generous. I guess what I am trying to say in a probably convoluted way is that there is hope. Like my ex he may need to hit a hard bottom before he comes to the realization that he needs medical intervention and support. In the meantime your daughter and your grandson need to feel safe and have some respite from the mania. The scariest part for me was that sometimes it got so bizarre I lost touch with what was normal and accepted behaviour that was unacceptable. This is not what you want your grandson to experience. My heart goes out to all of you. But your daughter and your grandson need to move forward towards happiness and your son in law is an adult who must take responsibility for his illness. I am so glad you are there for your daughter and grandson. It was my mom's love and her support that gave me the strength to get through it. And my ex needed to live through the pain of losing someone who dearly loved him to wake up and take responsibility for his life.
    Sending you big hugs.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Good advice From Sharon, sometimes no matter how much we love someone, we can't fix their problems, addictions, and moods, and we can't force them to get the help they need, or take the medications they need. We can only offer our love and support but it's up to the individual to get the help they need. It's hard to deal with and even harder to watch the people we love suffer. Mental illness has so many stigmas attached to it, and people don't always understand it, but some things I've learned is you can't blame yourself, you can't change it, and don't hate the person, hate the disease. You can only be there for them, and love and support them.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Chris I am so sorry for your daughter and grand son to have to go through this, it is very hard to come to a decision like she has and what is best but I guess you get to a point where you cant live like it anymore< I am so glad she has you and your husband to lean on in this difficult time. I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope all works out for your daughter and grandson.

It is so hard when we see our children suffer, Hugs to you all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads