Heart broken

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh Chris, I am so very sorry! As many others have said, we could all share our own personal stories here. My father is an alcoholic, as well as most of the men in my family.
All I can say is Hats Off to your daughter for being strong and realizing, very early on, that something needs to change and having the courage to change it.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this very trying time. Thanks for sharing with us so we can support ya'll through this.

Good Luck. ((((HUGS))))

edited to add: my last girlfriend was bi-polar/skitsofrentic/alcoholic/former drug user...oh yeah, I could pick 'em alright.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I think I knew in my gut that this day was coming, but the reality of the situation has hit me hard. Surprisingly, my daughter is calm, has a list of things that need to be done, and is checking things off the list.
This reminded me - when I went to see our counsellor after I had ended the relationship to let him know we would not be coming anymore I mentioned that I felt surprisingly calm. He explained that I had already done all of my grieving while in the last years of the relationship. So it is not really surprising, just an indication of the deep sadness and pain your daughter has already been through before making her decision. Hugs.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks to all of you. I have quit crying. Now that the emotion is out of the situation, I know she made the right decision. Her husband has placed the blame for this solely on her--typical of his behavior over the years. Thinking back over the years, and all the crap we put up with, I can appreciate the calm with which she made this decision and the resolve to eliminate the constant drama that her son was witnessing. I think it was causing him stress. As Flippy said in daycare a while ago, "f*** this!" My sentiments exactly! You guys are awesome and I am so grateful I found all of you!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so sorry ... growing up my step-dad was an alcoholic. He's been sober for a few years now but is described by his doctor as a cyclical alcoholic and that it will continue to go round in circles. I guess this time the circle is a little bigger than normal, but we are always prepared for him to fall off the wagon at some point. Not sure if that is being prepared, or not being fair to him!! Anyway, as a child growing up with it I can honestly say it's horrible. So the fact that the four year old has been taken out of this situation and atmosphere can ONLY be a good thing!

But hugs to you and your daughter for having to go through this emotional heart break!!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
As you can all imagine, I have been in very frequent contact with my daughter. I am so proud of the way she is handling all of this. He has posted on his Facebook page things which make it appear she ran off and left him and their son! She and Flip are doing great, and have established wonderful routines with the structure he never had in his short little life. She hasn't said anything negative about him to Flip--an amazing feat! The more I hear, the more I am glad this has happened. I just wish I were there for her to lean on.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
As you can all imagine, I have been in very frequent contact with my daughter. I am so proud of the way she is handling all of this. He has posted on his Facebook page things which make it appear she ran off and left him and their son! She and Flip are doing great, and have established wonderful routines with the structure he never had in his short little life. She hasn't said anything negative about him to Flip--an amazing feat! The more I hear, the more I am glad this has happened. I just wish I were there for her to lean on.

Chris...she can feel the heart string between you and her..no matter where she is. You are there for her..and she knows it. THAT will be her guiding strength. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Chris she knows you are there for her even not standing next to her in person. good on your daughter to change the life she and your grandson had with her ex, she seems to have learnt well from you. Hugs

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Big hugs to you. Change is always scary, but this one sounds like its really needed. And how brave if your daughter. She's lucky to have gotten so much strength from her parents.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

Members online

No members online now.