Credit card fraud again!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yesterday I attempted to use my cc to pay for lunch, and low and behold, they put a hold on my account! This morning the bank tells me that there were some fraudulent transactions. I swear it was probably the pizza hut delivery guy. All transactions happened after that. And the bugger was a half hour late too! Wondering if I should call his manager? lol.

So, everyone, it's highly recommended that you check out your cc online and look for anything suspicious. This has been the second time that this happened to me. :eek:

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yesterday I attempted to use my cc to pay for lunch, and low and behold, they put a hold on my account! This morning the bank tells me that there were some fraudulent transactions. I swear it was probably the pizza hut delivery guy. All transactions happened after that. And the bugger was a half hour late too! Wondering if I should call his manager? lol.

So, everyone, it's highly recommend that you check out your cc online and look for anything suspicious. This has been the second time that this happened to me. :eek:

Yikes! That is crazy! I had that happen after getting pizzas too, all they did was use it on a cricket phone. Took me several months before I realized it. The first few months were $30-$40 range so I never batted an eye, thinking cricket was a gas station. However I asked chip to quit forgetting to give me his fuel receipts! On the fourth month it was $150 so I finally figured it out. Duh!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I totally agree with this! I had my walmart.com account hacked over the weekend and the person who hacked it ordered $500 worth of computer parts with my card! Luckily I caught it in time to do damage control!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
This is an ever growing problem. I know local eateries around here will actually write your card number on the take out ticket that they write your order on! HELLO!!!!! I'm becoming more and more convinced that cash is the only way to go....
I paid for a parking ticket I got at school, it was $10. They wound up charging me three times. I know this isn't due to fraud but I'm sick of being charged two, three, four times the same amount for stuff because of an error on the tellers part.

Thanks for the heads up, you've shared great advise with us!

Edited to add: Sorry to hear about this happening, though.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We had several accounts hacked a couple years ago. Fortunately the banks were understanding and eliminated the charges. It's an awful feeling.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Wow this stuff is really scary. Makes you think really. Esp since cash is rarely used anymore

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I hate that! I'm so sorry that happened to you, and the worst part is waiting for the wrongs to be righted...a lot of times you end up having to eat some of the cost too.

Years ago I had ordered some pet supplies online and after that I started getting all these crazy transactions on my bank card....somebody bought $400 worth of designer sunglasses, paid their cricket bill, and a credit card payment all with MY bank card number. I was so mad, and the worst part was that I had to eat all the overdraft charges that occured because of that. It wasn't covered by the fraud stuff because it wasn't a direct charge from the person doing the theft.

So maddening....I hope yours clears up easily!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.