New Mower Needed

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so we have 2 mowers and both need fixing. i thought about buying a new one and wondered what brand is the best or if someone has had a good experience with a certain one. i want a gas self propelled mower. hm under 500 would be preferable. i was looking at some at lowes and home depot. there is husqvarna that looks pretty good was at lowes and got good reviews and the honda and toro was supposed to be good to. its all so confusing so any input would be appreciated.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hey there. Well funny you should ask....I paid $222 (still have the receipt) at Sears in 2011 for a Craftsman "Rotary lawn mower 700 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine - 22" mulit-cut power-propelled". That was a mouth full! I had only ever used a riding lawn mower before this, so this is my first "walking" lawnmower. I love it. It cranks up every spring, no problems at all (knock on wood). Good luck! And you *must* post a pic of your new baby. hehehehe

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
ok so we have 2 mowers and both need fixing. i thought about buying a new one and wondered what brand is the best or if someone has had a good experience with a certain one. i want a gas self propelled mower. hm under 500 would be preferable. i was looking at some at lowes and home depot. there is husqvarna that looks pretty good was at lowes and got good reviews and the honda and toro was supposed to be good to. its all so confusing so any input would be appreciated.

We had a Husquavarna motorcycle once! :D

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I swear by husqvarna; they have excellent equipment (mowers, chain saws, etc) and everything starts up on the first pull. Good luck.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel

My husband works part-time at Lowe's (long story) and worked in mowers last week. He said the Husqvarna is really nice--probably what he would buy.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
My husband works part-time at Lowe's (long story) and worked in mowers last week. He said the Husqvarna is really nice--probably what he would buy.

Thank you so much for your input and anyone else who replied. Seems the husqvarna it is. Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We're not so familiar with Husqvarna brand here in Canada, my husband bought a Toro from Home Depot last summer.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Got one picked out just gotta go get it. Hopefully tomorrow. Will post pics when I get it

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok here it is the new mower finally. its a husqvarna 22in rear wheel self propelled briggs and stratton engine mower. i love it. tried it out this morning so we will see how it goes.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hey Jack, come on up to New Jersey and try it out on my backyard! There's a pizza and low calorie gatorade in it for you....and kisses from Mona cause the grass won't be so high...temping offer.......

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online