Vicaroo once again an inspiration for a thread

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
By the way, I did mention my new garden hose in the video --- and can I just say "BEST GARDEN ITEM PURCHASED IN THE LAST TEN YEARS!" Seriously. It makes all other hoses I've ever owned -- and there have been many --- seem heavy, kinked, hard to lug around and leaky! And they come in lots of colors too --- not just red. BUY ONE. Got it on Amazon. And no, it's not one of those "pocket hose" things for 20 bucks... although those looked pretty good too but the price scared me off. It can't be that good if it's only twenty bucks.....

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Shakespeare? Was he a gardener too?

Because I know you're dying to see one of my shakycam garden videos for 2013, here's the MAY DAY EDITION of The Mukilteo Garden. Be warned; it's a quickie (it's early in the season) although I do PBS GARDEN DWEEB out during a couple of moments.... I can't help myself.

We got one of those as seen on TV garden hoses. And I have to say I am impressed with the hose itself. It is very light and doesn't kink and easy to get where I need it and bring it back to its home pot when I'm done. However the fitting ends are plastic, and they leak around the quick connects that I like to use to change out the different sprayers. We even tried teflon tape on the threads, but they still leak. So I'm going to use the also as seen on TV magic tape around the quick connect hose connection area.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] - what about dirt? Doesn't the fabric of the hose easily show dirt? That was another thing that bugged me about it. My neighbor lady has one -- lime green - and it's already starting to look old, dirty and worn looking....maybe she's just not taking care of it?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Vic.......... What is that hose called? We bought one of the As Seen On TV ones and the ends leak.. pieceofpoo!!

Edit::::: just ignore me ok? I didnt read everything before opening my pie hole.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@LariP - what about dirt? Doesn't the fabric of the hose easily show dirt? That was another thing that bugged me about it. My neighbor lady has one -- lime green - and it's already starting to look old, dirty and worn looking....maybe she's just not taking care of it?

Oh yea, it'll look dirty quick. I'm gonna go try to find the one you got. Looks interesting.
The old garden hoses though were forever and a day not getting put away because of how heavy and bulky it was to roll them back onto the garden cart. So this is MUCH nicer.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Is the one you got the Xhose?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gardening here this year is going to be a little different than usual. I bought seeds early on. (I do this every year with limited success) I'm trying to drastically cut back on the amount of annuals I buy to plant. I buy the seeds with the intentions of starting in pots early...and then like this year it doesn't get done...or previous years I've killed them early on either by watering too much or too little.

Well now since getting Amelia I'm planning on just putting the seeds in the ground and we will see what they do. I am not going to buy annuals. Amy is MUCH more important to spend the money on instead of instant color. But I do already see some sprouts coming out of the Zinnia's and Marigolds I planted. So we will have some color. Just a bit later than the instant kind from flats of plants.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tuff Guard Hose.jpg Here's the hose I have. OMG IT IS A DREAM COME TRUE. I love that it comes in lots of colors. I love red things. Got it on Amazon...about 50 bucks and worth every single cent.

Gardening here this year is going to be a little different than usual. I bought seeds early on. (I do this every year with limited success) I'm trying to drastically cut back on the amount of annuals I buy to plant. I buy the seeds with the intentions of starting in pots early...and then like this year it doesn't get done...or previous years I've killed them early on either by watering too much or too little.

Well now since getting Amelia I'm planning on just putting the seeds in the ground and we will see what they do. I am not going to buy annuals. Amy is MUCH more important to spend the money on instead of instant color. But I do already see some sprouts coming out of the Zinnia's and Marigolds I planted. So we will have some color. Just a bit later than the instant kind from flats of plants.

Oh Lari, if I were your neighbor, I'd be bringing you a flat of petunias JUST BECAUSE you and Bruce are so awesome. :heart: I spend a hideous amount of money on plants. This year, I've purchased no less than 7 cucumber plants. Why? Because every single year I jump the gun. Every. Single. Year. You'd think I'd learn....?

Edited to add: there is something very satisfying about growing something from seed. :-) I am far too impatient.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Vic.... about the impatient thing... so are we.... WE HAD to go get some annuals to plant a few weeks ago just because I needed some instant color.... Now I need to learn patience.....(Amy requires a LOT) ;) and so do seeds.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Vic.... about the impatient thing... so are we.... WE HAD to go get some annuals to plant a few weeks ago just because I needed some instant color.... Now I need to learn patience.....(Amy requires a LOT) ;) and so do seeds.

I will clarify that the pansy's we got for instant color were purchased and planted the weekend before we got the call about Amy. :flower:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
*Checking into the garden chat thread and wondering if Grandma is watering the flowers....?* Ugh! I miss Bea and Bo so much when I travel and leaving my garden to fend for itself is also bothersome to me! The good news: We went to the Smithsonian Plant Conservatory yesterday. AWESOME!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online