Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Vicaroo once again an inspiration for a thread

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vicaroo once again an inspiration for a thread

Gardening here this year is going to be a little different than usual. I bought seeds early on. (I do this every year with limited success) I'm trying to drastically cut back on the amount of annuals I buy to plant. I buy the seeds with the intentions of starting in pots early...and then like this year it doesn't get done...or previous years I've killed them early on either by watering too much or too little.

Well now since getting Amelia I'm planning on just putting the seeds in the ground and we will see what they do. I am not going to buy annuals. Amy is MUCH more important to spend the money on instead of instant color. But I do already see some sprouts coming out of the Zinnia's and Marigolds I planted. So we will have some color. Just a bit later than the instant kind from flats of plants.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

-tuff-guard-hose-jpg Here's the hose I have. OMG IT IS A DREAM COME TRUE. I love that it comes in lots of colors. I love red things. Got it on Amazon...about 50 bucks and worth every single cent.

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Gardening here this year is going to be a little different than usual. I bought seeds early on. (I do this every year with limited success) I'm trying to drastically cut back on the amount of annuals I buy to plant. I buy the seeds with the intentions of starting in pots early...and then like this year it doesn't get done...or previous years I've killed them early on either by watering too much or too little.

Well now since getting Amelia I'm planning on just putting the seeds in the ground and we will see what they do. I am not going to buy annuals. Amy is MUCH more important to spend the money on instead of instant color. But I do already see some sprouts coming out of the Zinnia's and Marigolds I planted. So we will have some color. Just a bit later than the instant kind from flats of plants.
    Oh Lari, if I were your neighbor, I'd be bringing you a flat of petunias JUST BECAUSE you and Bruce are so awesome. I spend a hideous amount of money on plants. This year, I've purchased no less than 7 cucumber plants. Why? Because every single year I jump the gun. Every. Single. Year. You'd think I'd learn....?

Edited to add: there is something very satisfying about growing something from seed. :-) I am far too impatient.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Vic.... about the impatient thing... so are we.... WE HAD to go get some annuals to plant a few weeks ago just because I needed some instant color.... Now I need to learn patience.....(Amy requires a LOT) and so do seeds.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Vic.... about the impatient thing... so are we.... WE HAD to go get some annuals to plant a few weeks ago just because I needed some instant color.... Now I need to learn patience.....(Amy requires a LOT) and so do seeds.
    I will clarify that the pansy's we got for instant color were purchased and planted the weekend before we got the call about Amy.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

*Checking into the garden chat thread and wondering if Grandma is watering the flowers....?* Ugh! I miss Bea and Bo so much when I travel and leaving my garden to fend for itself is also bothersome to me! The good news: We went to the Smithsonian Plant Conservatory yesterday. AWESOME!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Hope you had a great time! Any ghost hunting? We were.....
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    Hope you had a great time! Any ghost hunting? We were.....
    Dashing to the other thread.........!!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 you didn't answer my question, though...did ya'll do any ghost hunting??? I've been siting on the edge of my seat waiting with baited breath to "read all about it"
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 you didn't answer my question, though...did ya'll do any ghost hunting??? I've been siting on the edge of my seat waiting with baited breath to "read all about it"
    Sorry Girl - it's hell to "catch up" after an absence around here. LOL Too, every-stinking-time I fly somewhere, I get a cold on the way back. (I think it's "airplane air germs", myself) so I got that going for me right now.

No ghost hunting but we did speak about ghosts a bit. The row house where my daughter lives (with her crazy Great Aunt Diana) is a historical structure. Built in 1879-ish (there's some controversy on this point), its pretty much in the same state as when Uncle Mark and Aunt Diana purchased it 40 plus years ago. It has four floors and a basement, lots of old, old wallpaper that includes a giant antique map of Paris in the stairwall. Its filled to the brim with a lifetime of crap. Uncle Mark died two years ago (a much adored member of the fam) and I'd hoped that Diana had a story about him "coming back" to the old place -- but not so. My daughter is a "Ghosty" like us and she proclaims that there are NO entities in the house whatsoever. Disappointing!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Remove Ads