ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I don't want to belittle the Boston events, but I am upset over the lack of coverage of the explosion in West, TX. Many of those killed were first responders--fire fighters who were battling the blaze when the plant exploded. Hundreds were wounded by flying glass and debris, including residents of a nearby nursing home who were being evacuated. Having been to West several times in the many years I lived in Texas, I am deeply saddened by this event, which had to affect every resident of that small, friendly town. Please pray that their Texas spirit (which makes them all so dear to me) will heal their community.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 93

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Chris, I can understand that you feel Boston is getting more coverage than Texas and that's ok to feel that way.
Please know that we are still praying for both places and I've read on yahoo about the 12 (or perhaps more by now) bodies that were found at the plant, and the implication that those were probably bodies of the first responders. I think I also read that was abot 2/3 of the volunteer fire department there. We are Texas & Boston strong! Hearts are bleeding for both locations. I want to hear more about what happened in Texas. I read the plant was last inspected in 2006 and had a $10,000 violation then. I am shocked that the owners of the plant haven't come forward or have been called out in the media...WTF is that about?
Anyway, I digress. I'm very sorry for the hurt you and your family are feeling over being left behind. We are with ya'll in spirit, too. God Bless. We Love Ya.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Both are extremely horrific events..one caused by crazy people and one most probably, caused by greed. I know why the media focused on the bombing. ..we, as a nation, are much more motivated by fear than by industrial "accidents". I just read an interesting article about this plant. Not only did it have a history of violations...but the operators and cooperate owners violated very important regulations.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires fertilizer plants and depots to disclose amounts of ammonium nitrate, which can be used to make a bomb, above 400 lbs. The West, Texas plant, West Fertilizer, reportedly held 270 tons of the substance, 1,350 times that limit.
If I'm not mistaken, the governor of Texas..HATES federal regulations...ohhhh and Federal help too! I'm thinking he might educate himself differently now. Shame on all of them.

Im certain the great people of Texas will be ok...after all, we are ALL Americans...even if some there want to secede!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I don't want to belittle the Boston events, but I am upset over the lack of coverage of the explosion in West, TX. Many of those killed were first responders--fire fighters who were battling the blaze when the plant exploded. Hundreds were wounded by flying glass and debris, including residents of a nearby nursing home who were being evacuated. Having been to West several times in the many years I lived in Texas, I am deeply saddened by this event, which had to affect every resident of that small, friendly town. Please pray that their Texas spirit (which makes them all so dear to me) will heal their community.

Chris, you know us Texans, we take care of our own! From the first second we heard
the news, everyone sprang into action and very calm & organized...we got things done,
quick, smooth & effectively. West will be dealing with the devastation for YEARS to come.

Most Reactions