sighhhh

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
lots of you know the drama with my ex who became my best friend....well he found "the one" or at least i believe she is the one...they are together all the time....he stresses when he isnt' with her. anyways he has told me basically he needs a 2 to 3 week break from me so he can concentrate on himself and make this work with her. he wants to not talk to me but in 2 to 3 weeks he wants his best friend back????? wtf? i can't win with him....i told him i might not be here when he gets back...he said it was my choice if i throw our friendship away....seriously? am i just crazy

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
crazy if that's how you let a best friend treat you

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I could never be friends w/an ex. Just doesn't work for me. It would be too conflicting for me even if i told myself "we're just friends".

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION] I'm sorry, I realized later I might've come across as making fun of your post by not posting a serious answer to your question. It sounds like he was getting something out of the friendship that ya'll had after breaking up. Something more than a friendship kinda bond, because now that he's got something to replace that, he wants to concentrate on her for "2-3 weeks". I'm sure this stings a bit but I would put some boundaries down so he realizes x,y,z is what you expect and need from a friendship with him. Good Luck.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sorry..I don't know the details...by "your ex".. You aren't talking husband...are you?? :eek: cuz I'd say pack it where the sun don't shine.

And if ex boyfriend..I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I think that's a terrible thing to say. He must care about you in a way he isn't sure of. All sounds like crap to me.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but if he needs a break from you there must be feelings there. If he must not be around you to make it work that's my thoughts.

I say let him go, otherwise those mixed emotions will end bitter later.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Truth be told - he's in a new relationship and there's no place for you there...move on and let him go. He will come back if things don't work out but that's not fair to you.
He's only doing it cause of her insecurities but if you were her wouldn't you expect the same from him?
Just remember - he's an ex for a reason.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
the worst part is he is taking a break from jameson too...and jameson worships the ground he walks on...i see the change in him...it's sooooo sad

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Truth be told - he's in a new relationship and there's no place for you there...move on and let him go. He will come back if things don't work out but that's not fair to you.
He's only doing it cause of her insecurities but if you were her wouldn't you expect the same from him?
Just remember - he's an ex for a reason.

Totally agree. There's only one person who is gonna get hurt .... You. And we all know your better than that.

J

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well either he cant have new feeling for this other girl without you around or she doesnt like him being so cosy with an ex which if i were her id be like um yea really? so you have not chioce as to whether you take the break but you do have a choice if you let him back into your life after this. seems really crappy to me if thats all the explanation he gave. might be time to cut it loose.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Take Jameson to his favorite pet store and let him pick out his favorite toy and I will guarantee that it will cost you less in the long run than hanging out with the ex.

D

DaisyBulldog

Been there, done that. Being "friends" with an ex never works in the long run. Cut him loose and move on.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.