Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Beach, everyday, twice on Sundays! Unless its a road trip then Ill stop in Eastern Tennessee and spend a day or two in the Smokys.

We did this 2 years ago... spent a week in Townsend, Tennesse at the foot of the Smokeys for Christmas vacation. Big mistake. The kids were miserable because the river was closed. They liked hiking... we hiked straight up a mountain just to see a hole in a big rock but the next time, we went to the beach and the kids were a lot happier. You would think I'd like the mountains more than the beach since I live on the beach year-round. Nah.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
We did this 2 years ago... spent a week in Townsend, Tennesse at the foot of the Smokeys for Christmas vacation. Big mistake. The kids were miserable because the river was closed. They liked hiking... we hiked straight up a mountain just to see a hole in a big rock but the next time, we went to the beach and the kids were a lot happier. You would think I'd like the mountains more than the beach since I live on the beach year-round. Nah.

I'm surprised to hear this! Although I may be partial because my dad grew up in Maryville, TN so our vacations were always to the Smoky mountains and now as an adult where am I planning my vacations? Back to the Smokys mountains! We rent a cabin in Wears Valley, TN and I love the combination of peacefulness that you find at the cabin and hiking and then the tourism of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Knoxville is a short trip away for the college atmosphere and Douglass lake is not that far either. If I show up missing sometime you can assume that I am in the Smoky Mountains, in a hottub, with a drink, watching either the fog or rain roll in. :yes:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I'm surprised to hear this! Although I may be partial because my dad grew up in Maryville, TN so our vacations were always to the Smoky mountains and now as an adult where am I planning my vacations? Back to the Smokys mountains! We rent a cabin in Wears Valley, TN and I love the combination of peacefulness that you find at the cabin and hiking and then the tourism of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Knoxville is a short trip away for the college atmosphere and Douglass lake is not that far either. If I show up missing sometime you can assume that I am in the Smoky Mountains, in a hottub, with a drink, watching either the fog or rain roll in. :yes:

It's the weather. We went in Christmas-time... It wasn't snowing but it was in the 30's. All day long. You can literally hear the kids groan when they have to put on their jackets and gloves and hats and boots. We're Floridians - winter means putting on a hoodie with your flipflops. It was quite a crazy vacation - we saw 2 black bears standing by the road! In the winter! And when we start walking, the kids won't stop... they just kept on and on and on up the mountain down the mountain... they say if they stop they get cold. And so, I had jelly legs by day 3. We hiked 5 miles up and down the mountain just to see a small waterfall... 3 miles to see a small very old log cabin... another couple of miles up and down another mountain to eat at the restaurant...

The best part was the Comedy Barn place in Gatlinburg. We brought little kids to it and it was hilarious as all get out and appropriate for kids!

Last edited:
OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My late in laws lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. I love that part of the country.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I voted Beach ... lying on the beach and listening to the waves crashing in is like a lullaby to me!!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
It's the weather. We went in Christmas-time... It wasn't snowing but it was in the 30's. All day long. You can literally hear the kids groan when they have to put on their jackets and gloves and hats and boots. We're Floridians - winter means putting on a hoodie with your flipflops. It was quite a crazy vacation - we saw 2 black bears standing by the road! In the winter! And when we start walking, the kids won't stop... they just kept on and on and on up the mountain down the mountain... they say if they stop they get cold. And so, I had jelly legs by day 3. We hiked 5 miles up and down the mountain just to see a small waterfall... 3 miles to see a small very old log cabin... another couple of miles up and down another mountain to eat at the restaurant...

The best part was the Comedy Barn place in Gatlinburg. We brought little kids to it and it was hilarious as all get out and appropriate for kids!

That makes much more sense now! We are originally from Iowa so the weather there was great for us even when we visited over Christmas and got snowed in at our cabin on the side of the mountain. I have since moved to Oklahoma which has better weather than Iowa but I cannot imagine living in Florida and dressing in a sweatshirt and flip flops for winter. That would be crazy!

Most Reactions