Easter Dinner, Cook or go out? Taditional Ham?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What's everyone doing for Easter Dinner???

I have always cooked. I have always cooked the "traditonal" ham, but this year I am cooking a Turkey. Due to issues in my life I did not celebrate Thanksgiving this year, so no Turkey was cooked. At Christmas I had a huge Ham that we ate on all week and froze some and made Ham and Bean soup later from it. So I am hungry for a Turkey this Easter.

Just the two of us, so a day in our pool (going to be in the 80's here) followed by a Turkey dinner around 5.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It'll be brunch at my brother's this year. I wanted to do an Easter Egg hunt for his kids (11 and 9yo), so I invited myself over to his house. He's going to smoke a salmon and I'm bringing bagels and all the accoutrements. I think I'll make some lemon cupcakes with Peep bunnies on top too. It's supposed to be a drizzly day tho so I hope our egg hunt doesn't get too soggy.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hmmmm lemon cupcakes sound delicious! i wanted ham but since its just hubby and i, he didn't want ham, we settled on a small prime rib roast. we both love cooking and i'm sure the prime rib will taste awesome. haven't decided on sat or sun dinner tho. baby potatoes and green beans/mushrooms too

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Well, I grew up on Honey Baked Ham (from the Honey Baked Ham store) and we'll be having that, deviled eggs, burnt green beans cooked with bacon, stuffed mushrooms, and home made mac & cheese. Good Lord, enough food for 1/2 the forum! Come on over to Vineland, they'll be plenty left over...LOL

I'm so lucky to live so far away from my family, so I get to spend Sunday morning just me and Momo while my partner goes to her parents house. Quiet time is nice sometimes.
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] - I'm sorry to hear about your Thanksgiving Day not being celebrated! I hope your Easter celebration goes better.

L

Lucy-licious

Roast Lamb is traditional here at Easter.
i had my hot crossed buns today and tomorrow I will bake a Simnel Cake for after dinner on Sunday.

other than that I shall eat copious amounts of chocolate eggs :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We got a ham at a really good Easter sale, so Ham it is. I never want turkey anymore. I OD'd on turkey a number of years ago, from all the leftovers of a turkey with just two of us eating it, and now I'm in an I don't even like it anymore phase.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Roast Lamb is traditional here at Easter.
i had my hot crossed buns today and tomorrow I will bake a Simnel Cake for after dinner on Sunday.

other than that I shall eat copious amounts of chocolate eggs :)

i had hot crossed buns today too! tho i am substituting an Easter bread that is sweet with raisins and anise flavor that no one makes here in Canada..must be an Italian Ohioan thing. buns were good tho!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Good friday we have lots of seafood, today we had curried prawns ( bit sick of seafood by now) tomorrow Sunday we are going to the club for lunch just the two of us we will take all the grandkids easter eggs in the morning but I could die for a nice hot cross bun I am going t try and make some gluten free ones tomorrow but they will probably taste like :poo:. I bought some normal ones for Richard thou

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I'm not sure what we're going to do just yet- it's just me, my husband and Winston. We'll do something to celebrate, but I don't quite know what. At this point, I probably won't be cooking though!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
The past few years we've stayed home and bbq'd but this year we'll be going to my aunt's house for bbq.
My kids are big so no more need for baskets and egg hunts but this aunt was their babysitter growing up and they
haven't seen her in a long time so they miss her and we will enjoy the visit. We will be taking some honey ham, sodas, chicken and sausage
and fruit salad! Can't wait - it's always nice to visit family!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I would so love some leg of lamb with mint jelly on the side and lots of garlic placed in the slits of the leg, yummy :2thumbs:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I hit a new low this year. My husband and I went on a hike and didn't think about dinner until it was pretty late so we ended up eating at KFC! YIKES! I eat there once every five years or so - it's so good but SO bad! :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well Easter did not go according to plan!!!

Tom had to work, so we had my daughter Juliet here in the morning, and I did a typical English full breakfast -eggs, sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, baked beans and toast.

Then in the afternoon the plan was that I go to his sisters house for a big family gathering. Unfortunately, on Saturday her MIL was rushed into hospital with complications from a surgery she had had about a week ago. So they cancelled the Easter gathering. Luckily, her MIL is making progress but still in ICU for the moment.

So I spent Easter Sunday on my own with my fur kids and finally finished painting my bedroom. And I am BEYOND pleased with the way it turned out. Now I just need to train the hubby to make the bed whenever he is the last one to get up!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.