This really p****s me off

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Oh, I have a good pedia story... My then 4-year-old son got his head split open by a metal water cannon at the park. We called the pedia on our way to the ER and the pedia said, don't go to the ER, go to this Dr. (in a building across the street from the hospital). She called the Dr to arrange everything and when we got there the Dr already has his medical history (my son has med allergies) faxed to him by the pedia and we went straight to X-ray without having to fill up any form - just went through and signed one they printed out while my son was in x-ray. Come to find out, this Dr. is a plastic surgeon - the same doctor who does boob jobs! The pedia sent us there because she said the plastic surgeon will stitch it up with the least chance of scarring as it's a deep cut on the eyebrow area. The Dr. was not on the "Provider List" in our insurance but she worked it so that insurance paid the same percentage as somebody on the provider list. Not quite sure how she did it but it had to do with some referral thing she filed with the insurance company.

It was really great and when we did our follow-up appointment, we walked in the door 15 minutes before our appointment time and we went straight to the room and the Dr. went in not even 5 minutes later.

Cool, huh?

L

Lucy-licious

its the same here. Say I'm ill and need a doc for some antibiotics or whatever and phone for an appointment..the date I get is usually 3 weeks away :/ but the receptionist always suggests calling at 8am the next day when the docs give out their extra appointment lists. You have to be fast though..i sat on hold for 30 minnutes once to be told to try again the next day the appointmants had gone. And they wonder why our accident and emergencie rooms are filled with people who have splinters or sore thumbs :/

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
three years ago my then 13 year old was in our pediatrician's office and she suspected a brain tumor and was referring us to a peds neurologist to have an MRI done. Needless to say she decided on her own not to wait for the referral visit and scheduled an MRI for that weekend. Got the results on a Tuesday (it was Memorial Day weekend), in the hospital that night, surgery to remove the tumor on Friday. While he was in the peds intensive care unit, got the letter from the peds neurologist that they could see him on August 28th!! So glad my pediatrician decided not to wait. That would have given that tumor 3 full months to keep growing and the outcome might not have been full removal and now in remission.

Kim I hope your son is in full recovery and thank god he did not wait.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
its the same here. Say I'm ill and need a doc for some antibiotics or whatever and phone for an appointment..the date I get is usually 3 weeks away :/ but the receptionist always suggests calling at 8am the next day when the docs give out their extra appointment lists. You have to be fast though..i sat on hold for 30 minnutes once to be told to try again the next day the appointmants had gone. And they wonder why our accident and emergencie rooms are filled with people who have splinters or sore thumbs :/

We have the same system here but it dosen't work like you found out it is so frustrating I always thought we had a family dotor for a reason!!

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When we were in Miami in Florida in October last year and Richard got food poisonining I had to call a doctor to the hotel and he was there within the hour here OMG we would have to wait for at least a day or have to go to the ED and sit and wait for hours only a month ago Richard had an allergic reaction to something and his lips swelled up along with being covered in hives and they made him sit in the waiting room for three hours when we finally saw the doctor she said you should have told them his lips were swollen this could have been so much worse on my answer that I did tell them she spoke to the nurse on front desk and her answer was well you never know if they are telling the truth. HELLO have a look at the rubber lips he had.:cursing:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I always hated being put back in an exam room and having to wait more than an hour with nothing to look at but old magazines and anatomical models. In the peds office I used to keep my kids quiet for about 30 minutes, then let them holler all they wanted. It got us seen and out of there earlier!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
One more story...

We were touring Disney's MGM Studios when my firstborn was almost 2 and I had this big belly carrying my 2nd child. It was drizzling, I was wearing flip flops, and we were running late for the Beauty and the Beast Show. My husband was in line to fall down the Tower of Terror, so it was just me with the baby and the giant baby bag. They won't let you carry the stroller into the pavilion, so I carried my 2-year-old and was rushing down the steps when I SLIPPED! I fell forward (big belly shifting my center of gravity, hah!) and my 2-year-old's head banged on the concrete.

The attendant immediately called the emergency people and I kid you not... they had the medics flashing a light in my baby's eyes in less than 3 minutes! I know because the song was just starting when I slipped, and they were still on the same song when the medics got there. They stopped the show after that one song due to "inclement weather" although the weather was not really THAT inclement.... I'm fairly certain it was simply because "this idiot 7-month pregnant woman who is running around in flip-flops carrying a 2-year-old (what on earth was she thinking?) could be sue-happy"... The baby checked out fine, it took them over 30 minutes of checking and checking and I was given some ice for my bruises and the baby's head and they tried to get me to the medic building but I told them I would rather just sit there waiting for my husband so they made me sign all this paperwork that I didn't even bother to read and sat there fuming for having missed Beauty and the Beast until my husband got there... the medics went to get my husband out of the line for Tower of Terror and they gave us passes for the rest of the day so we can ride the rides without having to go through the lines. I tell ya, the world should be run like Disney. LOL.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
One more story...

We were touring Disney's MGM Studios when my firstborn was almost 2 and I had this big belly carrying my 2nd child. It was drizzling, I was wearing flip flops, and we were running late for the Beauty and the Beast Show. My husband was in line to fall down the Tower of Terror, so it was just me with the baby and the giant baby bag. They won't let you carry the stroller into the pavilion, so I carried my 2-year-old and was rushing down the steps when I SLIPPED! I fell forward (big belly shifting my center of gravity, hah!) and my 2-year-old's head banged on the concrete.

The attendant immediately called the emergency people and I kid you not... they had the medics flashing a light in my baby's eyes in less than 3 minutes! I know because the song was just starting when I slipped, and they were still on the same song when the medics got there. They stopped the show after that one song due to "inclement weather" although the weather was not really THAT inclement.... I'm fairly certain it was simply because "this idiot 7-month pregnant woman who is running around in flip-flops carrying a 2-year-old (what on earth was she thinking?) could be sue-happy"... The baby checked out fine, it took them over 30 minutes of checking and checking and I was given some ice for my bruises and the baby's head and they tried to get me to the medic building but I told them I would rather just sit there waiting for my husband so they made me sign all this paperwork that I didn't even bother to read and sat there fuming for having missed Beauty and the Beast until my husband got there... the medics went to get my husband out of the line for Tower of Terror and they gave us passes for the rest of the day so we can ride the rides without having to go through the lines. I tell ya, the world should be run like Disney. LOL.

It would be good if eeryone worked like them :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.