I got a JOB

L

Lucy-licious

Oh WOW!! Congrats :dancing:

Better to work all 3-11 than work the shifts we do...in any one week w could be on earlies 7-3, lates 1-9, long days 7am-9pm, or even a night shift 8.45-7-45 :( It sux

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You can always find a new fiancé!!! :laugh:
I totally enjoyed the years I worked in a nursing home... challenging but rewarding.
I wasnt lisenced staff but had a lot of resident contact. I did all the purchasing and headed Central Supply. Fun job.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
A big :2thumbs:. It's hard nowadays that's for sure. My future DIA was laid off and has been having a tough time....7 months now. She's a go getter too.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Congrats, so happy for you!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How exciting for you! Congratulations on your new job. :clap2: At least you have a week or so to enjoy your free time before you have to work!

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
You can always find a new fiancé!!! :laugh:
I totally enjoyed the years I worked in a nursing home... challenging but rewarding.
I wasnt lisenced staff but had a lot of resident contact. I did all the purchasing and headed Central Supply. Fun job.

Haha right now I'm ready to :p we both quit smoking today n we r ready to kill each other lol!!! I love the patients idt I could do it if I couldn't be with them ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Congratulations, Alicia! I loved working long-term care. There is something special about our older generation! :grammy:

Last edited:
OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Congratulations, Alicia! I loved working long-term care. There is something special about our older generation! :grammy:

Thank u :D yes there is they always have the best stories!!!! Is it weird though that as a brand new LPN with little experience they r starting me as a charge nurse???? That makes me a bit nervous!!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thank u :D yes there is they always have the best stories!!!! Is it weird though that as a brand new LPN with little experience they r starting me as a charge nurse???? That makes me a bit nervous!!!!

Welcome to the world of long-term care! ;) Are you going on to become a registered nurse? --and beyond?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wonderful news!!! Congratulations!! :up:

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Welcome to the world of long-term care! ;) Are you going on to become a registered nurse? --and beyond?

Lol yes I just did LPN to make sure it's what I wanted to do n I love it so once I get situated n start saving some $$ I'm going to take online course to get my Rn n who knows maybe ill even aim for NP someday :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online