RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Run off to the local Justice of the Peace and 'just do it' as Nike used to say! (that is what Dottie and I did) then take a vacation later... (we are going on our 1st cruise next January) but we have heard one to many horror stories about getting passports, and we are planning far far far in advance. Dottie has received hers, but my Birth Certificate wasnt 'correct' so I too had to send off for a newer version of one, and that took a month here in the States, I just applied for my Passport last week, so we'll see how long it takes.

I'm sorry for your Stress :( :( Damn Gov't, actually Damn Criminals and Terrorists etc... making our Gov't put us through all of this paperwork :(

GOOD LUCK..... I'll send ya a Valium :) :) (Better Living through Better Chemistry! sorry old Dupont(?) saying LOL

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Just wanting to wish you luck on the whirlwind papers process! It's perfectly do-able, but if I were in your shoes I'd be stressing out too.

I'd probably also be smacking my husband to be upside the head.. but that's just me.

And, of all the above advice, I think hug a bully is definitely the best one! Do it twice. :D You'll feel better.

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I will be sending good vibes your way.
Good luck, and post lots of pics. Remind us all of what sunshine looks like lol

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone for the positivity, and your prayers. I'm going to be nervous though until that birth certificate comes, and the passport is in hand. It's just the fear of not knowing, and I'm also worried because the end of the month is Easter, and it's a long weekend, so govermment offices are closed.

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Don't worry, everything will work out for the best in the end =)
And you always have us here to come vent to if need be.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Enjoy your vacation/Honeymoon.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I hope everything works out for you guys! If it were easy, it wouldn't be as much fun to talk about later! Please post pictures from Jamaica!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone for all the positive thoughts and encouraging words, here's an update of the birth certificate status. We have a really super nice lady helping us down in Nova Scotia she gave us her personal phone number, and said to,call her everyday, spoke to her this morning, and she said we more than likely can get it by Tuesday or Wednesday next week , which would be before the Easter long weekend, then we can go to the passport office and apply for the passport. Feeling a little better that it will be in time , but it will be on my mind until we actually have it in hand. We just have to think positive that everything works out

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Thanks everyone for all the positive thoughts and encouraging words, here's an update of the birth certificate status. We have a really super nice lady helping us down in Nova Scotia she gave us her personal phone number, and said to,call her everyday, spoke to her this morning, and she said we more than likely can get it by Tuesday or Wednesday next week , which would be before the Easter long weekend, then we can go to the passport office and apply for the passport. Feeling a little better that it will be in time , but it will be on my mind until we actually have it in hand. We just have to think positive that everything works out

Hi [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]!

Any news? Did the birth certificate arrive? :pray:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The Birth Certificate came today, so now we have to wait until Tuesday and apply for the Passport, that gives us 4 days to get it, but if you have your ticket, and you can prove urgency, then you can get a passport in 48 hours. Lets hope. I'm going to need this vacation after all this stress. Lol

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah, all your positive thoughts and prayers have worked. Birth Certificate came on Thursday, and we found out from someone that the Brampton Passport Office is open on Saturdays from 9 am to 12 noon. We rolled out of bed this morning, hightailed it up to Brampton, got there before it opened and there was a line up from the door all the way down the plaza, and looped around. It turned out to be not do bad we were near the end of the line, and still managed to get in, stand in line, and get processed in just over an hour. We can pick up the passport on Thursday, and it was only $30.00 extra. We leave on Monday morning so the trip to Jamaica is definetely on and the wedding as well. So happy, and needing this vacation now after all this stress. Lol. Thanks everyone for your prayers and positive words, and for listening to my freak out.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yeah, all your positive thoughts and prayers have worked. Passport came on Thursday, and we found out from someone that the Brampton Passport Office is open on Saturdays from 9 am to 12 noon. We rolled out of bed this morning, hightailed it up to Brampton, got there before it opened and there was a line up from the door all the way down the plaza, and looped around. It turned out to be not do bad we were near the end of the line, and still managed to get in, stand in line, and get processed in just over an hour. We can pick up the passport on Thursday, and it was only $30.00 extra. We leave on Monday morning so the trip to Jamaica is definetely on and the wedding as well. So happy, and needing this vacation now after all this stress. Lol. Thanks everyone for your prayers and positive words, and for listening to my freak out.

Good for you, Monica...am so thrilled for y'all! Just focus on having the time
of your lives, make sure to leave the troubles & worries behind, they'll wait.

Will pray for y'all's safe journey...Much love, dear one! Carol, Cami & CoCo

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww thanks Carol, I'm actually excited now, and already feel the stress leaving. I leave on April 8th, and we are getting married on April 11th which is going to be special in 3 ways, it was the day we met 35 years ago, it's my hubby's Birthday, and now our Anniversary.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online