Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey everyone, I'm totally freakin out right now. My "hubby " and I have been together for 35 years, and living together for 33 years. We have 2 kids 30 and 32, and a 5 year old Grandson, we kind of did our life in reverse lol. Met, moved in together, had our kids, and then a grandchild. We have been planning a trip with my best friend of 51 years to Jamaica and are leaving in 3 weeks. My hubby has never been on a trip, and we have never gone on vacation anywhere warm or all inclusive together, so my friend and her husband decided it was time for us to do this. Well the trip turned into a wedding in Jamaica on the beach, we are super excited, but now I'm freaking out because hubby needs a passport, which would have been fine as we still have 3 weeks before our trip. So yesterday I filled out his application we went down to the passport office and when it came time to show his ID, he has to show his birth certificate to prove he's a Canadian citizen, he tells me he lost it a long time ago, and didn't know he needed it. OMG. So now we have to send away for his Birth Certificate. The lady at the passport office told us to go to the Service Canada office and apply, but it was the wrong office, we had had to go to the Service Ontario Office. It wouldn't let us apply from their computer, because its only for Ontario certificates, and my hubby was born in Nova Scotia, so we had to go to a regular computer and apply to Service Nova Scotia. Instead of going home, we went to the public library and used their computers to apply on line. This process could take 10 to 15 business days, and we paid extra to have it sent by courier instead of by mail to make it faster, but then that only leaves 5 days to apply and get a passport. We may not get it in time for our trip/ wedding so he may not be able to come on the trip at all. I'm freaking, everything is planned, trip and wedding is booked and I may be standing on the beach by myself with my friend. Wah. So stressful. Is this a sign that we shouldn't jinx 35 years of living together by getting married? Lol. I'm beginning to wonder, and I can't sleep or relax because I'm so worried this may not happen. Maybe we'll have to get married by Skype? Please send positive thoughts and vibes and pray for us that this will all work out. Thanks for listening guys.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You've got all the fervent prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts, and any mojo
I can tap into coming your way! I'm thrilled for you & family, Congratulations!

I just know it will all work out in time. Monica, relax, chill, breath in, breath out...
deeply, no shallow breathing! Love ya!! Carol

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Congratulations on getting married and I am sending all the positive thoughts and vibes I can muster your direction :) fingers crossed that all the forms get to you in time, it will work out keep the faith :)

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Carol, with you praying for me and your Mojo it's gotta work out.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy:

Well...ummmm......well......ummmmm...

I am going to tell you ALL will be ok. But, honestly...I'd be totally whacked out! Let's hope it all falls together.
but no matter what....It's NOT a sign of anything but Murphy's Law!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope it all goes through. Paws crossed!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I was just looking up "getting a passport in a hurry Canada" and there evidently are ways one can do this. Do a Google search and you will find this guy's blog, Dan Matan. I do not know how accurate the info is however, and it's from 2008, but it's worth a look.

I hope everything will work out in your favor! :begging:

Worst case scenario is postponing your trip. Good luck Monica and congrats!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Can he take a trip to Nova Scotia and get his BC directly from the Office of Vital Statistics - or the Canadian equivalent thereof? Here in my American city, somebody who is born here can go to the registrar's office which is open between 9AM-5PM and get a certified copy of their BC, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree and anything of the sort that same day.

Good luck and don't worry much... and don't eat too much chocolates for the stress so you won't have trouble with the wedding dress. Oh no, I'm adding more stress... hug a bully! No calories added! :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm sure all will work out. Be sure to tell everyone involved why you need the papers in a hurry and I'm sure they'll speed up the process! And congratulations!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], I think you'll be ok. Once you get the birth certificate, hustle in person to your nearest Passport Canada office (good thing you are in a major city). I believe for an additional $70 ( on top if all the other fees) you can get a passport in 24 hours. You will feed to show proof of travel ( like your plane ticket). Check out the Passport Canada website FAQ (not Service Ontario). If you can't find the web page, PM me and I will send it to you.
This exact situation happened to me... My first marriage was in Vegas, and my brother forgot his passport was expired!

Good Luck! Thinking of you!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Grats on the upcoming wedding! I'm sure he'll get his passport in time. I know here, we have expedited (same day) service for an extra fee, but you need proof of traveling within 2 weeks. That's always how I've done my passport/renewals since I always forget and check last minute.
[MENTION=5605]Momma2Bullies[/MENTION] yep, makes sense. same as here.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Wow, I certainly can understand your feelings. I'm sure, like in the US, you can get your passport ASAP, with extra charges, of course! Hey, atleast ya'll figured this out now, instead of 2 days before the trip and then you really would've been screwed. Try to stay positive and imagine in your mind everything working out. Good Luck!! And no, this isn't a sign that ya'll shouldn't tie the knot. Congrats, by the way!!!! Very happy for ya'll. Please keep us posted. We're sending good vibes and prayers from New Jersey to you both.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Positive vibes heading your way.....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my dear prayers that all works out for you and you get things done in time. :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sounds like it can be done so it will be. Hugs, don't stress. This is the best way to get married! Our wedding was supposed to be an all inclusive Aruba trip but hubby broke his ankle (bad) right before it was time to put deposits. Dang it! Ended up in Vegas which was an awesome trip as well. Can't wait to see pics! How fun!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.