Chow Time Ideas (for humans that is)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
My favorite meal of the day.
Since I'm in school I cook dinner for us and love every minute of it.
However....I'm running out of ideas of things to cook so I thought I'd start a thread asking ya'll what you enjoy for Supper Time?

Last night we had fish taco's
Tonight we're having spaghetti
Tomorrow its Salad Works - hey a girls gotta have a break from the kitchen, LOL

So, what are ya'll gavin....

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Wow that is SOOOO cool! And I love the little bulldog chef - I could eat him with a spoon! Thanks

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I love to cook but it really depends on the weather ( hot or cold ). So is it hot where you are or cold ??

Oh love tacos but never had fish in em

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I'm a crockpot fan. It's like the easiest thing on the planet for busy moms with kids who has all these activities. Lots of times, we have to go to Scouts, Church, Soccer, BJJ, Piano, Drums, etc. etc. and when we get home, the kids are begging for food and couldn't wait for me to cook something. So, I would put stuff on the crockpot before we head out and when we get back and the kids are so hungry they would get a big spoon and eat right off the crockpot - can't even wait for me to set the table and all that stuff!

Here's the latest crockpot hit in our house. I used both rabbit and chicken and the kids loved both:

http://www.food.com/recipe/beer-braised-rabbit-or-chicken-for-the-crock-pot-44403

I used sweet chili sauce and did not bother with the paprika or parsley. I serve it with plain white jasmine rice. I'm Filipino! It's not a meal unless it comes with rice! LOL.

And another quick and easy deal (30 minute meals) - I buy those Patak's Sauce jars (India) from the grocery - they sell it at most grocery stores including Super Walmart in the Oriental aisle. My favorites are Mango Curry, Dopiaza Curry, and Butter Chicken. My husband likes really spicy stuff so I add vindaloo powder (same aisle) to his. I use either chicken, pork, or rabbit for meat. Sometimes I add veggies, sometimes I don't. Just dice up the meat into 1" cubes, stir fry for a bit to cook, add the sauce from the jar, let it boil, and then serve over plain basmati rice.

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Our sister sight, Taste Tested Recipes is fantastic, I have cooked many dishes from the forum. I like the fact that everyone has cooked and tried it before they submit the recipe, makes me feel better knowing that they liked it.

L

Lucy-licious

I'm a winter warmer fan...I love Shepherds Pie, Hotpot, sausage and mash, potato hash with pickled red cabbage, and don't forget Sunday Roast..meat, 2veg, mash, roast potatoes, and Yorkshire puddings with lashings if gravy :)

i know your sat there wondering what on earth I'm talking about...lol these are all good Northern English dishes...them Southerners eat funny stuff like Jellied eels :eek:

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] What? No eating of the bullys? I'm pouting now. LMAO

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] it's warm and cold, depends on the day until we hit summer time....how 'bout there?

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] - thanks for the ideas. I too love crock pot cooking but honestly only know 1 thing to cook in it, so I'll check out that website. I love jasmine rice, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] - jellied eels? Um, to be honest with you, I'm not sure about some of the stuff you typed, as far as what it actually is, but I know ya'll like baked beans for breakfast! I don't know what hotpot is. I think I have an idea about Yorkshire pudding....Can't wait to come to your country, but I'm sure we'll be eatin a lot of fish & chips. LMAO

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes join tastetestedrecipes.com many of us are on there too sharing our favorites!

It's all thanks to [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] she started a recipe thread here years ago and it got so big that we decided to do a forum just to share our favorites. Many have the same usernames there too :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.